Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Third Tom Cruise Thread - "War of the Worlds" reviews (spoilers in boxes!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Third Tom Cruise Thread - "War of the Worlds" reviews (spoilers in boxes!)

I'm looking forward to this movie and I'll see it opening day regardless of where I am. It's the one I've been waiting for all summer, hell, all year!

I will definitly see this movie.

However, before I do, I have to see:

Batman Begins
    Land of the Dead
    Star Wars Ep. III
    Crash
    Cinderella Man
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I have seen the final three on your list - good films, all. However, SW is the one film of that list that lends itself most to the big screen - hell, it demands it. Go and see it pronto, or never call yourself a buff/geek again!

Comment

Geek? You'll never find me calling myself that.

*******, maybe...but not geek. I haven't been one for a couple years now, and I ain't going back!
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Hey, did you send me a new PM after the last one I sent you (about when/how?)

I keep getting a "you have a new PM", but when I go into my message folder there's nothing new there.

Comment

Wait... people get excited to see movies where Tom Cruise is the protagonist?!

After Collateral, I think he should pull a Chris Walken and just play bad guys for a while
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Wait... people get excited to see movies where Tom Cruise is the protagonist?!
              Apolyton is teh gay.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

spielberg does the hollywood 2 hour popcorn movie better than everyone

Comment

Re: The Third Tom Cruise Thread - "War of the Worlds" reviews (spoilers in boxes!)

oops nm

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I understand that the Martians (or is it other aliens this time) are defeated by a genetically engineered virus, rather than the natural variety. If that is true then I will be disappointed with the plot change.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Is this one set in Kent?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

HG Wells was from Kent, so naturally he decided Surrey and Sussex were to be the centre of wrath.

Comment

And who could blame him?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The people in Surrey in Sussex?

Comment

He chose Surrey to accentuate the political point he was trying to make in his book. Destroy the idyllic life of the richest county in the country, comparing it to the destruction wrought by European (and especially British) Imperialism.

Comment

Working...
                              X