US Sec of State Rice criticizes govt of US ally Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE] Originally posted by GePap

"Egypt is a key ally no matter what is going on in Israel. I find it strange you think the main need from Egypt right now for the US is to help with the whole Gaza withdrawl. NO, that is just one little bit of it. The single largest and most influential Arab state is certrainly an important ally in and of itself. "

And the US is an important ally to egypt in lots of ways. That egypt is central to the arab world is WHY we are pressuring them, rather than say, Mauritania. I was citing what they could do to get back at us if we cut back our aid - they could stop helping in Gaza.

"As for Democratization being important- given even this admins. mixed record, and their incompetence in Iraq, Egypt thinks it has done more than enough to make a show of it. Heck, were you not one of the people lauding the whole change to presidential elections,a change that in the end won't actually change anything?"

I was glad they went to elections, which are a positive change. I would like to see further change, and also see them desist from some of the abuses theyve commited recently. I am pleased the admin is pressing for further change - that does not imply zero value to the change that has already been promised.

Oh, so this is just a variant on the GePaP meme that sanctions, money etc doesnt mean much in international politics. Thanks. Gotcha. I already knew you thought that. Shouldnt have forgotten.

"Yeah, cause the Billions we give Israel plus the loans have always made Israel do everything the US wanted of it..."

As someone who follows Israeli politics fairly closely, I can tell you that what the US wants is a huge factor in Israeli decision making, and that the aid is part of that.

"Power is worth more than money. "

"all that glitters is not gold" now can we move past the platitudes?

Its more than there was a week ago. A journey of a thousand miles .......

"Yeah, and in six months we can unearth this thread and I can gloat.."

Feel free.

"We did not tell Egypt what to do, She simply said we think Egypt should. Significant difference. That both Egypt and KSA basically shurgged it off should be more than enough proof of how much impact is actually had. "

Like i said, the language of diplomacy is understated. A frank exchange of views and all that. She made the statements a couple of days ago, its a little early to say what the response will be. Did you expect them to run around and say, yes, we will do whatever you like, Dr Rice? If so, you are quite naive. Whatever they do will be delayed and positioned as NOT in response to US pressure.

"Form a right wing source apt to laud Bush:

CAIRO — A high-profile visit today by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice may be less blessing than a curse for Ayman Nour, an opposition candidate in Egypt’s upcoming presidential elections.

Rice's Egypt trip gets tepid response from opposition

By Sherine Bayoumi
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    June 20, 2005

CAIRO -- A high-profile visit today by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice may be less blessing than a curse for Ayman Nour, an opposition candidate in Egypt's upcoming presidential elections.
    The defensive tone with which Mr. Nour's Al Ghad Party agreed to the meeting suggested that the candidate -- whose detention in late January prompted Miss Rice to cancel an earlier visit -- fears that the meeting might cost him more votes than it produces.
    "In a meeting of the High Council ... it has been decided that the Al Ghad Party will accept to enter into a dialogue with or exchange ideas with any person from within Egypt or from outside of Egypt whether a governmental official or not, except for people from or representing Israel," said party spokeswoman Gamila Ismail.
    "As such, we welcome discussions with any American or non-American official."
    In Cairo neighborhoods where Mr. Nour's party is popular, posters and fliers regularly appear branding the candidate as a "stooge" of the Americans, who are widely mistrusted in Egypt and in much of the Arab world.
    U.S. pressure helped persuade the government to release Mr. Nour in mid-March after six weeks of detention and let him run for president. But he still faces trial this month on charges of forging signatures to register his party -- a trial that could disqualify him as a candidate in the September election.
    Since coming to power with the assassination of Anwar Sadat in 1981, President Hosni Mubarak has been unopposed in four presidential elections.
    He is widely expected to seek a fifth term in September, and Egyptian officials acknowledge that he faces only token opposition.
    In addition to Mr. Nour, Miss Rice is expected to meet with at least two others who have been publicly critical of the government's democratic reforms. She also will meet with Mr. Mubarak and make a major policy speech at American University in Cairo.
    Miss Rice rarely speaks in public without offering a ringing endorsement of democracy, a major focus of the White House in its drive to defeat global terrorism.
    The Bush administration has been cautious in its criticism of Egypt, where until the late 1990s, Muslim terrorism included attacks on civilians and foreign tourists, the lifeblood of Egypt's economy.
    Although the nation is widely criticized for human rights abuses, its success in its war on terrorism in the 1990s was so complete that al Qaeda relies heavily on Egyptian leaders who fled to Afghanistan and elsewhere.

Before her departure last week on a six-day tour that includes stops in Israel, the West Bank, Jordan, Belgium and Britain, Miss Rice attempted to set the tone for today's stop in Cairo.
    She called Mr. Mubarak's democratic reforms an "important first step." But she added: "Is it enough? I think on an absolute scale, 'no.' More needs to be done."
    Both government and opposition figures are waiting to see how far Miss Rice will go today in both her public and private criticism of Egypt.
    "I am glad that Rice is visiting so that she may assess for herself the realities on the ground," said Mostafa El Fikki, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee in Egypt's parliament.
    "My only concern is that it seems that she is concentrating ... on meeting with the opposition, and I wish that she would make the time to meet with other objective members of Egyptian society, so that she may form a more accurate picture."
    The officially outlawed, but tolerated Muslim Brotherhood is the most powerful opponent of Mr. Mubarak and his government. It operates openly with a headquarters in downtown Cairo, and its officials are critical of any U.S. involvement in Egyptian politics.
    "We do not place much weight on Rice's visit to Egypt. We are careful to ensure that the Egyptian opposition movement in Egypt follows a path that is not dependent upon pressures from outside Egypt," said Mohamed Habeeb, the brotherhood's No. 2 official.
    Police and pro-government thugs backed by police have regularly attacked opposition protests and arrested hundreds -- both Islamist and secular opponents of the government.
    Another opposition group, Kifaya, represents an eclectic mix of intellectuals. Although it includes some Islamists and former Islamists, its focus is primarily secular.
    Like the Muslim Brotherhood, Kifaya has no interest in meeting with Miss Rice, insisting that there be no outside interference in Egypt's democratic development, especially from the United States.
    "We have nothing to do with Condoleezza Rice's visit. She has been sent by the American government to meet with people from the Egyptian government. This is of no concern to us," said George Ishak, a spokesman for Kifaya.
    Egypt's ruling National Democratic Party controls nearly 90 percent of the seats in parliament, with the remainder divided among a smattering of small parties and independents.
    Last week, just as Miss Rice was preparing to leave Washington, parliament passed new rules for presidential candidates, including one requiring that any candidate must prove he has a "clean financial record."
    With Egypt plagued with endemic corruption and only token opposition, critics fear that the government will use the rule to veto any candidate it has reason to fear.
    "We do suffer bitterly from tyranny, but the people have to move and have to pressure the regime into changing its practices. Without the people mobilizing, no amount of external pressure will result in real change," said the Muslim Brotherhood's Mr. Habeeb.

Not even the Moonie rag thinks it will challange the Egyptian government. "

Did you actually read the cite - they didnt say the pressure for democratization wasnt serious - just that they dont want to be associated with the US. Given how the stated attitudes of Egyptians toward the US, US policy in Israel and Iraq, and the history of prior US support for the regime, thats hardly surprising. A fortiori wrt to the statement of the gentleman from the Muslim Brotherhood.

And BTW, the moonie rag has some decent reporting, of which the above is only one example.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

nm
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        And the US is an important ally to egypt in lots of ways. That egypt is central to the arab world is WHY we are pressuring them, rather than say, Mauritania. I was citing what they could do to get back at us if we cut back our aid - they could stop helping in Gaza.
        And yet, the Egyptians are not really moved.

I was glad they went to elections, which are a positive change. I would like to see further change, and also see them desist from some of the abuses theyve commited recently. I am pleased the admin is pressing for further change - that does not imply zero value to the change that has already been promised.

The change to the Constitution is a joke reform, given the strings attached to the ability to beocme a candidate. Its best known as window dressing. Anyways, as long as the state of emergency is in power the Government can crush the opposition if it got trully uppity.

As someone who follows Israeli politics fairly closely, I can tell you that what the US wants is a huge factor in Israeli decision making, and that the aid is part of that.

But never more important than the basic ideological aims of anyone there, otherwise the peace process would have gone much further before Bush.

No, when they are the truth. Unles you want to move past that as well?

Like i said, the language of diplomacy is understated. A frank exchange of views and all that. She made the statements a couple of days ago, its a little early to say what the response will be. Did you expect them to run around and say, yes, we will do whatever you like, Dr Rice? If so, you are quite naive. Whatever they do will be delayed and positioned as NOT in response to US pressure.

all the Egyptians need to do is say "Thanks doctor Rice, we feel we have done enough. See ya later". That's all they did. If this were a concerted effort by many admin. members tauting this theme, then you respond. But for a single statement in one speech? Not really.

Did you actually read the cite - they didnt say the pressure for democratization wasnt serious - just that they dont want to be associated with the US. Given how the stated attitudes of Egyptians toward the US, US policy in Israel and Iraq, and the history of prior US support for the regime, thats hardly surprising. A fortiori wrt to the statement of the gentleman from the Muslim Brotherhood.
        So when the oppsotion tells you to keep out of it, what effect do you think it has on the government???
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

And yet, the Egyptians are not really moved.

"like a tree standing by the water, we shall not be moved ...."

"The change to the Constitution is a joke reform, given the strings attached to the ability to beocme a candidate. Its best known as window dressing. "

AFAIK its no greater than the strings in Iran, in fact less.

"But never more important than the basic ideological aims of anyone there, otherwise the peace process would have gone much further before Bush. "

I suspect you and I have different views on the path the peace process was taking when Clinton was president. Can we please NOT return to that source of calm reasoned discussion, yet another ME thread.

"No, when they are the truth. Unles you want to move past that as well?"

Its a platitude. Power is more important than money? To whom? When? How much power vs how much money? How is power translated into money, and money translated into power? Serious discussions are about details - as a general rule

"all the Egyptians need to do is say "Thanks doctor Rice, we feel we have done enough. See ya later". That's all they did. "

What else could they say? The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

"If this were a concerted effort by many admin. members tauting this theme, then you respond. But for a single statement in one speech? Not really. "

So youre saying its too early to say how seriously the admin will follow up? I agree. But I think even this beginning is noteworthy.

"So when the oppsotion tells you to keep out of it, what effect do you think it has on the government??? "

Except they didnt say to keep out of it - Kifaya said said what the US does has nothing to do with us (IE - hey you guys, we're NOT American stooges, or worse Israeli stooges, no matter what anyone says) and what Muslim Brotherhood said was that whats important is mobilizing the people, not foreign pressure. Another platitude, and hardly anti-American, considering its source. If I was Kifaya or MB, and I WANTED US pressure, i wouldnt have said anything different in public.

What is the govt response to the FACT that they cant publicly agree to support the US? Well, that it makes it harder for the US to pressure them, of course. Which doesnt mean we shouldnt, or that we wont, or that it wont have some effect. It DOES mean that if we had a better rep among the Egyptian public we'd have MORE influence, which is one reason we ARE pressing for a deal on Gaza, reconciliation with Sunni Arabs in Iraq, etc. Are there things I want the admin could do on the hearts and minds front that theyre not doing - yes certainly - where did you ever get the idea i support everything they do?

Comment

Police open north Cairo streets to opposition By Jonathan Wright

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian police opened the streets of north Cairo on Wednesday to political protests against and in favor of President Hosni Mubarak, giving the opposition a chance to argue their case with ordinary people.

For the first time since anti-Mubarak street protests began last December, the Egyptian authorities did not deploy riot police to pen in an opposition demonstration.

The Popular Movement for Change, which overlaps with the better known Kefaya (Enough) Movement, took advantage of the vacuum to march through the streets of Rod el-Farag, a working-class residential quarter north of the city center.

Several hundred protesters, chanting "Down, down with Mubarak" and other slogans, paraded about 400 meters (yards) down a main artery and then back to where they started.

A smaller rival group of Mubarak supporters marched down the other side of the street, chanting allegiance to the president.

The organizers said they were surprised at the absence of the usual lines of hundreds of riot police in black uniforms.

They linked it to a visit to Cairo on Monday by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who criticized the government for allowing violence against demonstrators. Traffic police officers at the scene said they had no explanation.

"TAKE HIM WITH YOU, CONDOLEEZZA"

The anti-Mubarak group took up a new chant: "America, give him (Mubarak) a visa/ And take him with you, Condoleezza."

A few police kept the demonstrators to the sides of the streets so that traffic could pass but, unlike on previous occasions, the police did not stop people from joining.

A handful did join in but the majority of onlookers were either bemused, indifferent or hostile.

"We'll never find anyone better than Hosni Mubarak," said a middle-aged man who declined to give his name. "Those opposition people are just thieves who have been hired."

But Gamal Mohamed, an education ministry employee, said that 24 years in office was enough for Mubarak and it was time for change. "Change must come through democratic means," he added.

Another middle-aged man, accountant Kamaleddin Wahba, said both sides were wrong. "The government is a client government, the (opposition) parties are client parties. The people are helpless and are lost. We need a miracle," he said.

After the chanting stopped, knots of 10 to 20 people each gathered at a bus station to hear informal representatives of the two sides argue their case in public debate -- another unexpected development in a turbulent six months.

Mubarak supporters challenged the opposition to propose a better leader. The opposition tried to explain their concept of free and fair elections and peaceful changes of government.

Loyalist accused the opposition of serving U.S. interests. "You're insulting the state -- a great state with 7,000 years of civilization behind it. Compared to that, to hell with America," shouted one of Mubarak's supporters.

Comment

AFAIK its no greater than the strings in Iran, in fact less.
              You mean those elections which Bush himself decried as not being democratic?

I suspect you and I have different views on the path the peace process was taking when Clinton was president. Can we please NOT return to that source of calm reasoned discussion, yet another ME thread.

Your view or mine is irrelevant, when the question is, just how much could the US demand from Israel and get on matters Israelis see as critical, evenif they get huge amounts of money from the US.

Its a platitude. Power is more important than money?

Money's importance is that is can turn into power. But raw political power is an even better form.

To whom? When? How much power vs how much money? How is power translated into money, and money translated into power? Serious discussions are about details - as a general rule

Its easy to see, when someone has held the reins of political power for 23 years that they must enjoy and value it greatly.

What is the govt response to the FACT that they cant publicly agree to support the US? Well, that it makes it harder for the US to pressure them, of course. Which doesnt mean we shouldnt, or that we wont, or that it wont have some effect. It DOES mean that if we had a better rep among the Egyptian public we'd have MORE influence, which is one reason we ARE pressing for a deal on Gaza, reconciliation with Sunni Arabs in Iraq, etc. Are there things I want the admin could do on the hearts and minds front that theyre not doing - yes certainly - where did you ever get the idea i support everything they do?
              The government does not need to say much to justify itself. Its justification is its very existence.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

You mean those elections which Bush himself decried as not being democratic?

Your view or mine is irrelevant, when the question is, just how much could the US demand from Israel and get on matters Israelis see as critical, evenif they get huge amounts of money from the US.

Its a platitude. Power is more important than money?

Money's importance is that is can turn into power. But raw political power is an even better form.

To whom? When? How much power vs how much money? How is power translated into money, and money translated into power? Serious discussions are about details - as a general rule

Its easy to see, when someone has held the reins of political power for 23 years that they must enjoy and value it greatly.

The government does not need to say much to justify itself. Its justification is its very existence.
                im not going to respond point by point. Events are speaking now. Our prior exchange is now dated.

Comment

So a small gethering was allowed without the goons coming to crush them.

talk about your action of no significance.

The most important sentence you forgot to bold:

A handful did join in but the majority of onlookers were either bemused, indifferent or hostile

This is like when you touted the 5000 Strong anti-Insurgents march a year plus ago in Iraq. Yeah, that did SO MUCH in the long run.

You call me a cynic, but being cynical about non-events makes mroe sense than touting non-events as significant and then seeing the situation blow up or slow down.

Comment

Gepap : "all the Egyptians need to do is say "Thanks doctor Rice, we feel we have done enough. See ya later". That's all they did."

Reuters, same day:

"The organizers said they were surprised at the absence of the usual lines of hundreds of riot police in black uniforms.

They linked it to a visit to Cairo on Monday by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who criticized the government for allowing violence against demonstrators. "

I mean its like they heard you GePap, kinda like Mr Fun above. Except he says X should happen, and it happens. You say X wont happen, and it happens.

Now GePap, could you PLEASE post that LOTM wont be handed a check for ten million dollars tomorrow. Id really appreciate it

Comment

Are you high on something?

A few hundred people march a couple of blocks, then go home, and all of a sudden this means change?

Jesus, H. Christ, you must be high.

But if your track record in Egypt turns out to be as sterling as your Iraq record, then Mubarak is nice and safe until he dies or retires.

Comment

"So a small gethering was allowed without the goons coming to crush them."

which hasnt happened before in Egypt. And doesnt hapen in Iran, I might add.

"talk about your action of no significance."

Im damned glad Walesa, Havel, and the Soviet dissidents didnt have your attitude.

The most important sentence you forgot to bold:

A handful did join in but the majority of onlookers were either bemused, indifferent or hostile

The admin can pressure egypt to democratize - they cant make the Egyptian people react one or another.

"This is like when you touted the 5000 Strong anti-Insurgents march a year plus ago in Iraq. Yeah, that did SO MUCH in the long run."

Yes, it led to the January 30 election, and the Iraqi people supporting a growing Iraqi force that is fighting the insurgents NOW. You've been predicting civil war in Iraq for about 2 years now.

"You call me a cynic, but being cynical about non-events makes mroe sense than touting non-events as significant and then seeing the situation blow up or slow down."

Whats the problem if they slow down? some historical processes speed up for awhile, then slow down, then speed up again. Thats the nature of things.

If this is only a matter managing ones own moods, i suppose to each his own. But as a citizen I need to evaluate American foreign policy and I think making judgements as events happen is worthwhile - you will respond "they dont care what you think" Very well, why do you post on for policy here, other than to troll? and if its only a verbal game, then why should you care WHAT I tout, since it will at most influence a few geeks? Who arent likely to be listened to by power, anyway?

Comment

"Are you high on something?"

No.

"A few hundred people march a couple of blocks, then go home, and all of a sudden this means change?"

Yes, it does. Thats how change starts.

"Jesus, H. Christ, you must be high."

Are you depressed?

"But if your track record in Egypt turns out to be as sterling as your Iraq record, then Mubarak is nice and safe until he dies or retires."

If you wish to do an Iraq gloat thread, feel free. I dont think I ever said it would be easy. But if you think that you can dismiss anything someone else says, without addressing what they say, by saying "Iraq" feel free. Its your privilege.

Comment

which hasnt happened before in Egypt. And doesnt hapen in Iran, I might add.
                            And of course, you would be wrong on both counts. Maybe you missed the "last six months" statement in your article. That means that only in the last six months has the Mubarak regime been cracking down this hard, which is interesting, since that has happened well within the timeframe of Bush';s pro-democracy stint.

And there were large gatherings in Iran several years ago without crushing Police presence. They did not go far, sadly.

But Iran, unlike Egypt, is not in a perpetual state of emergency.

Im damned glad Walesa, Havel, and the Soviet dissidents didnt have your attitude.

Actually, they did what they did without the state letting them do it. The difference here is your fantasy that the government decided one day later to let a few hundred march without crushing them is some sign of the future. Maybe they did not want to embarrass Condi too much by bringing out the goons again the day after her speech.

The admin can pressure egypt to democratize - they cant make the Egyptian people react one or another.

And without that, Condi's statements are words into the ether.

Yes, it led to the January 30 election, and the Iraqi people supporting a growing Iraqi force that is fighting the insurgents NOW. You've been predicting civil war in Iraq for about 2 years now.

Actually, NO. The 100,000 plus march by Sistani demanding elections lead to those elections. And given most Iraqis come from groups being attacked by the insurgents, no **** sherlock they support their crushing.

As for predictions, mine have been better than yours, even if mine have been slow in coming. Had I been predicting a global war in 1935 to come in just two years, and it actually came in 4 my mistake was simply a timeline one. As opposed to someone claiming such a conflict would not come.

Whats the problem if they slow down? some historical processes speed up for awhile, then slow down, then speed up again. Thats the nature of things.

Except when you claim that minor events equal "historical processes".

If this is only a matter managing ones own moods, i suppose to each his own. But as a citizen I need to evaluate American foreign policy and I think making judgements as events happen is worthwhile - you will respond "they dont care what you think" Very well, why do you post on for policy here, other than to troll? and if its only a verbal game, then why should you care WHAT I tout, since it will at most influence a few geeks? Who arent likely to be listened to by power, anyway?
                            I care because you have a long record of making a big deal out of events that turn out to be either non-events or far less meaningful long term than you claimed. Then you disappear when the **** hits the fan.

Comment

What substantively did we do for eastern europe in the 80's aside from words? Yet the words were appreciated by dissidents there. Words matter in authoritarian regimes, which is why they go to so much trouble to censor them. Why Serb et al were so outraged at a few WORDS expressed by western leaders about Ukraine. Words matter in diplomacy. They carry the implied threat of greater action. Simply by implication, they change the political dynamic.

GePaps cynicism about words and diplomacy would make him fit very well among certain wingnut types I know.
                              NATO did indeed do more then just use words against the communist dictators of eastern Europe. They used radio & TV to undermine the state controlled media, they provided financial & moral support for people who worked against the communist dictators. Pope John Paul's history is an excellent example of this. John Paul did everything he could to strike for religious and personal freedom in communist Poland but it was the international media and public diplomacy of his good work which got him elected Pope. That was a position where he could really bring power to bare against the dictatorships.

A famous quote was that a communist party boss and his lacky were giving a speech in Poland when they were informed John Paul had been made Pope. The communist bosses forgot that the microphone was still on and they said "God damn it! Now we must kiss his ass," to which the other said "We'll kiss his ass but only if he will let us!"

The point being that the media support, the ideological support, the promises of financial support if they broke away from the communist dictatorships, and the constient agitating for change (Reagan with his famous speech against the Berlin Wall). All of this amounted to a huge help to the people who worked towards freedom in Eastern Europe. I doubt they could have succeeded without a creditable miltary force opposing the Soviets or a realistic alternative to the communist state.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"ago without crushing Police presence. They did not go far, sadly."

absolutely untrue - the student protests were broken up by regime thugs. Rather violently.

"But Iran, unlike Egypt, is not in a perpetual state of emergency. "

Not formally. Effectively it is however.

"Actually, they did what they did without the state letting them do it."

That sentence does not make sense. Try rewriting it.

" The difference here is your fantasy that the government decided one day later to let a few hundred march without crushing them is some sign of the future. "

Ya know, i did not start this thread on that protest. I started it on Condis speech. Which you said was meaningless. That it got an immediate result, even if small, was worth noting.

"Maybe they did not want to embarrass Condi too much by bringing out the goons again the day after her speech. "

Why not, i thought you said there was nothing we could do? That they told Condi to go to hell, basically?

"And without that, Condi's statements are words into the ether."

An egypt that doesnt imprison people for their beliefs, etc will be a better place even without a mobilized citizenry.

"Actually, NO. The 100,000 plus march by Sistani demanding elections lead to those elections."

Many things did - the march i posted about was one part of a larger movement. It was an INDICATION of the direction Iraqis were going in, at a TIME when people here said most Iraqis supported the insurgency.
                                Thanks for taking it out of context. How about you dig it up and actually quote what i said?

" And given most Iraqis come from groups being attacked by the insurgents, no **** sherlock they support their crushing. "

which is NOT what people were saying at the time.

"As for predictions, mine have been better than yours, even if mine have been slow in coming. Had I been predicting a global war in 1935 to come in just two years, and it actually came in 4 my mistake was simply a timeline one. As opposed to someone claiming such a conflict would not come. "

So if 30 years from now theres STILL no Iraqi civil war, GePap will be right, cause ya know, there still could be one.

Except when you claim that minor events equal "historical processes".

Events are not processes. Events are parts of processes, which include both major and minor events. Processes are often advanced, or even begun, by minor events.

"I care because you have a long record of making a big deal out of events that turn out to be either non-events or far less meaningful long term than you claimed. Then you disappear when the **** hits the fan."

1. What is making a big deal? I post info. Thats all it is. If i made predictions, quote em. 2. what do you mean disappear? Im not obliged to post here 24 hours a day, and cant. But what is it you want me to respond to? Be specific. 3. even if i granted your statement above, what difference does it make? You insist theres NOTHING we can do about world events - what difference does it make what I post here, if that is the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X