Clothing or Workout Equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing or Workout Equipment?

So I have a checking and credit card* now and Im getting paid again this wednesday. After paying my rent and bills I'll have about 300-400cash money left to spend on stuff. The weight set Im looking at buying is about $300 (weights+flat bench). That would leave me a few bucks for grocery shopping. Then I would have to wait another two weeks before going clothes shopping.

Clothing will run me about the same amount of monies since I need two new pair of shoes (one excercise one street) , a few pairs of pants, and a few more shirts.

Of course I could use my credit card to buy the clothes this month and pay for it next month, but Im skerd of spending too much money I dont have, even though I have a $300 credit limit.

What do you think is of greater importance? Clothing or workout equipment? They are of about equal importance to me. I feel bad about dressing like a poor man (imagine that, a poor man dressing poorly ) so new clothing would give me greater confidence. However workout equipment would make me spluge all over myself on a daily basis.

*spare me the lectures, Ive heard it all. I will be responsible because I am teh w00t.

Get the workout equipment first. No use having nice clothes if you fill 'em with a flabby dude.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Clothing or Workout Equipment?

Originally posted by Space05us

Of course I could use my credit card to buy the clothes this month and pay for it next month

Sure you will

Comment

Get the workout equipment first. No use having nice clothes if you fill 'em with a flabby dude.

The thought of me being flabby is amusing.

As is the thought of me being able to fill anything.

Comment

Why don't you just save it?

Become a Capitalist, not a Consumerist!

Comment

The thought of me being flabby is amusing.

As is the thought of me being able to fill anything.
            Since you've moved to the south, your caloric needs have dropped radically. In no time you'll look like Michael Moore.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I say save the money.

BTW aren't you staying with your mother?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                I say save the money.

BTW aren't you staying with your mother?
                I live right next door to her, and spend most of my free time over here since she has a stereo, the internet, and cable.

I have my own apartment though. I pay my own rent, bills, and buy my own food.

Comment

Since you've moved to the south, your caloric needs have dropped radically. In no time you'll look like Michael Moore.

Um. No. Ive been eating more food actually, and I have lost weight.

Comment

Clothing.

If you buy decent clothes and dress well it hides being slightly out of shape - and you will still look better than someone who spends all his money getting fit so has to make do with cheap cast offs that dont suit/flatter him.

Also.....it requires less effort. Why pay for pain?? (unless you're into that stuff of course)
                    Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Since when is dressing well not painful?
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Unless you have a professional use in these clothes / workout equipment, save the money . As you want to pay yourself a demanding education, you should save the money as quickly as possible.

Besides, workout equipment is bulky, and you may want to have as little bulky stuff as possible, so that you can easily move from one place to another, in order to seize better opportunities
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Re: Clothing or Workout Equipment?

*spare me the lectures, Ive heard it all. I will be responsible because I am teh w00t.
                          I wouldn't lecture on a credit card. I use mine for nearly all my purchases and every second week on payday, I pay it completely off. I've been using a credit card in this fashion for almost 20 years and while my limits have grown, the principle remained the same. I think I have paid credit card interest two or three times and thats it.

I assume that other people can be just as disciplined so no lectures unless and until you post the thread that says you can't pay your rent and the credit card is maxxed out.

A 300 limit- wow that seems low
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Unless you have a professional use in these clothes / workout equipment, save the money .

Im getting both eventually. Perhaps you dont understand I love to workout, I only have one pair of pants that are wearable outside of my house and my shoes are filthy from work.

As you want to pay yourself a demanding education, you should save the money as quickly as possible.

Im going to get my associates from the local community college so that I can get a better paying job so I can pay for the more expensive schooling.

Besides I want to live, I dont want to spend all my time saving money in boredom and agony. Screw that, Im going to be happy damn it!

Comment

That because it IS low. Student credit cards are low, and they are much higher -- I have student credit cards yet, because I do not have a full-time, salary income. With my two student credit cards, I have a combined credit limit of only $7,000 or so.

EDIT: cross-post and meant for replying to Flubber
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X