Durban, patriot or traitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ramo
    Yes, I suppose that partisan hackery is now a fundamental basis of the conservate ideology.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Personally, I am loving this. The biggest complaint people have with Congress, according to the polls, is that Congress doesn't do anything on subjects that matter to most voters. They hold special sessions to interfear with private family affairs like the Shiavo case and they manufacture partisan hackery like is seen in this thread. People are sick of it and actually want people to do something meaningful about health care and balancing the budget.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Ned, there is another way to look at this. This is not a battle between nations, it is a battle between ideologies.

1) Dissent - vocal and even exagerated - shows why our system is more desirable than Muslim dictatorships where dissent is met with harshly.

2) Acknowledging abuses is essential to convincing potential enemies we are not approving of such conduct.

3) One reason (I believe) we haven't seen much of an uprising within the Muslim fundie community is because we do self-analyse, speak out, and try to fix problems. Once we stop doing this, potential enemies become real enemies.

He went overboard with his comments and that will be used against us, but it will also be used by us. If we appear too fanatical, too much in agreement about everything the leadership is doing, then I'd start worrying and I'm not even a Muslim fanatic.

Comment

• Durbin apologizes...

Durbin apologizes for Gitmo remarks

The Senate's No. 2 Democrat apologized Thursday for remarks comparing the treatment of detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp to methods used by the Nazis, Soviets and other repressive regimes.

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois said he "never intended any disrespect" to U.S. troops with his June 14 comments, for which the minority whip has endured a week of criticism from Republicans and some Democrats.

"In the end, I don't want anything in my public career to detract from my love for this country, my respect for those who serve it, and this great Senate," Durbin said in an emotional statement on the Senate floor.

"I offer my apologies to those that were offended by my words."

But Durbin said Tuesday he had erred by invoking the specter of the Holocaust, which he called "the greatest moral tragedy of our time."

"Nothing should ever be said to demean or diminish that moral tragedy," Durbin said. "I'm also sorry if anything I said, in any way, cast a negative light on our fine men and women in the military."

KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

In the coffee shop, with plenty of beer.
            You have beer?
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
            X