No announcement yet.

I've Been Offered a Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's mad at herself for telling her current job that she'd be there until the end of July even though she knew that might not be true(2), she's scared about switching doctors this late in the pregnancy(1), and she's worried about all the things we have to do on this end to get moved(3).

1. People have been having babies since there've been people. You'll be OK.
    2. C'est la vie. It's not as if her work can do anything about it.
    3. That's what part of that $6,500 is for.

Comment

I told her that we hardly ever see her doctor, more so a nurse, and when we have the kid chances are the doctor won't be the same one.

You won't see the same doctor (at least for the kid, that is.) My wife was delivered by her regular OB/GYN, but Sophie herself was checked by her new pediatrician.

Comment

Nuts, I think my job is gonna fall through. I wasn't able to get ahold of the guy Thursday or Friday (I left messages), but I just got a hold of him now. He wants me to call back on Monday afternoon, cuz he's got other offers out and he wants to see who's taking.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Did you take it?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

We were negotiating on salary and after we settled on one, I wasn't able to get in touch with him after that. I would be his highest paid employee, and still taking a $20K cut from my last job.

Maybe it's just as well. Theoretically, I have a contract with Discovery Channel, just no start date. I'd like to have that name on my resume.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              Maybe it's just as well. Theoretically, I have a contract with Discovery Channel, just no start date. I'd like to have that name on my resume.
              That could mean it could be some time between tomorrow and When Hell Freezes Over.

If I were you, I'd first grab the other offer, then call up Discovery Channel to confirm a start date.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X