I've Been Offered a Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caligastia
    Taking a pregnant woman in her 3rd trimester on a plane ride isn't usually recommended. And I suppose driving is out of the question...
    True and she is due in two months. Overall there is no great time to move between now and probably about 2 months after the birth.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

"Understatement" is putting it mildly. The cost of living difference is 1/2. If you're a homeowner living in San Jose, to maintain the same standard of living in Cincy you need just 1/2 the salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Why don't you go to Ohio & scout things out then let wify stay in San Jose to ride out the baby thing then hire a moving company to move stuff a few weeks after junior arrives.
        That could work but a new parent probably doesn't want to be away from their new child and even something as routine as a C section will mean that the new MOm will need a fair bit of help in the early days
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I don't doubt it, but where do you get those figures?
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

House moving relocation calculators and lots more. Get complete information, quotes, and articles on moving and relocation.

Comment

Ohio is okay I guess. I've never been to Cincinatti, but I have been to Cleveland and Canton (football hall of fame)

Comment

This site actually breaks it down into various common cost categories:

Use this cost of living calculator to compare the cost of living between U.S. cities and determine if you will be able to maintain your current standard of living in another city.

Comment

Actually, check those numbers again. He's moving from the city of San Jose to any city in the Cincy area, not the city of Cincy itself. Compare San Jose to Hamilton, for instance. Even more of a difference.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

And if he lives across the river in Covington, KY he can take a 60% pay cut and still have the same SOL.

Comment

Living large.

Comment

Not in Covington.

Comment

he'll need the extra money. His kid will be travelling around the world soon.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Cinncinnati is a seriously inexpensive place to live. $200k buys you a big house in the city and $32k is about the same as making $50k in So Cal.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Stupid Bankrate.com has a stupid

Server Error in '/' Application.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to validate data.
                              Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to validate data.

error whenever you try to compare Knoxville, TN. Not that we want a bunch of overpaid carpetbaggers finding out about this place, but I'd still like to know the comps.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                                Not in Covington.

Can't say as I've been to Covington. Or at least have done nothing more than drive through it on the freeway.

In reality, if he wanted to, Japher could move to anything from a rural area to downtown highrise. It's not like San Jose in that regard. A half hour drive from downtown pretty much puts you in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X