Blinded by the light,
    revved up like a deuce,
    another runner in the night
    it's douche not deuce.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

it's douche not deuce.
      I copied it from a website

It does sound more like douche when you hear the song though.

Comment

I only use the cell phone for short reminder calls ("Did you? Are you? Don't... Remember to... Can you..." like Space) or when I need to meet up with someone. I don't understand how chicks can spend like hours on those damn things. I don't think I've ever talked on a cell phone for more than five minutes at one time.

My other use for it is to play Snake. Great game.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

yeah snake rules. I played the old version on an old Nokia phone I had 4 years ago. But I suck at it compared to most people. I used to think my scores were pretty good too.

But my crappy Nokia phone now doesn't have snake . The only game that looks interesting is bowling. But I suck at it. The instructions are useless. My ball still ends up going into the gutter half the time.

Comment

you guys turn your phone off during sex??? do you schedule said sex? 7pm on wednesday? or do you just stop in the heat of the moment and be like "hey, hang on a second, i have to turn off my phone" ??? where's the PASSION!?!?!
            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

first of sometimes i use my cellphone for sex

secondly i cant remember how i met people in the city without a cellphone...i think it was something about being on time or something

thirth i use is as a radio

fourth i use it a my agenda...i can never bring myself to write something down but typing goes very well

fifth i only turn it off in a cinema or if i go out for dinner with somebody 'special' like a girl, parents or work
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

One to two calls a week.
                5 to 10 text messages a day.
                Phone only gets turned off in places like hospitals, other than that, it's on silent when discretion is required.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

it's douche not deuce.

It's "deuce", Diss. As in "Little Deuce Coup." Think of it as: "Revved up like a car, another runner in the night."

I have my phone on vibrate as a matter of course - it's probably been over a year since I heard my cell phone ring.

I have a Samsung SPH-a740 camera phone. It's pretty much my primary phone now, though we keep the landline 'cause it makes the wife feel better.

I don't use text messaging, have never bothered using the web/data services other than when I got the thing and wanted to try it out. Sophie loves for me to take pictures of her and show them on the screen.

I was stunned to find out that you're charged for ringtones - who the hell in their right mind would pay $2.99 for the 3-month "right" to have a music clip as their ringtone?

Comment

I only have a cellphone because landlines are ridiculously expensive over here if you rarely use them. I mostly use my phone as a landline: it's always on but almost always connected to the adapter (so effectively it isn't even cordless most of the time). I rarely take it with me when I go out, only when I'll be with other people in crowded places where it's easy to lose sight of each other, or when I expect I might be delayed on my way to a meeting (e.g. when traveling by public transport and having multiple connections).

I don't use any extra features like messaging, photography, etc -- in fact, I bought the cheapest phone on the market and doubt it supports most of those features.

IMO phones are usually intrusive and unpleasant to use, so I avoid them whenever possible. I prefer either email/IM or meeting people in person.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well, my landline (with 300 long-distance minutes/month), cable internet, and digital cable TV (500 channels and nothing is on!), all cost $129/month in total.

Comment

Hah! I only pay about €60 for the same services (minus the landline of course, and I think I 'only' have 90 channels or so, but it's not like I'm waiting for more Armenian or Uzbek channels )
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

So you don't pay the same for the same services.

Comment

I carry my cellphone most of the time but turn it off when I get home in the evening. I also turn it off in meetings, restaurants and movies. 90% of my calls are to and from my wife to coordinate with each other.

As for during sex, a ringing phone wouldn't distract me that much although if you are wanting a longer peaceful romantic evening, its better to just autoforward calls or turn off the ringer or something.

WE still have a landline, mainly for the very very cheap long distance. Since all of our family and some of our friends are a continent away, we make a lot of long distance calls. It might work out slightly cheaper overall if we ditched the landline, but it wouldn't be significant
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                              you guys turn your phone off during sex??? do you schedule said sex? 7pm on wednesday? or do you just stop in the heat of the moment and be like "hey, hang on a second, i have to turn off my phone" ??? where's the PASSION!?!?!

We turn the cell phone off BEFORE we have sex with someone. DUH!

Just excuse yourself from the person for a minute, or if you already have your cell phone on hand, take the 15 seconds to turn it off right there, then go at it with the guy.

Really, the things I have to explain to people these days.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Oh and Space, I take back what I said -- I'm definitely not jealous of the type of phone you have.

GROSS
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X