Your cell phone habits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your cell phone habits.

Is there anything peculiar in how you use your cell phone? Such as when you have it on or have it off? Obviously, most workplaces would require to have employees turn their cell phones off so that is not peculiar.

I turn my cell phone off whenever I am out eating at restaurant for two reasons:

1) I want to ENJOY my meal

2) when I"m eating out with friends or family, the point is to spend time with them -- not to be chatting on the phone with someone else -- maybe some would say it would be even rude to answer your cell phone in this case??

But that is me.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

my cell phone is issued by my employer. I only use it for work. I have no other use for a cell phone.

Comment

dude, that sucks -- get another one, to enjoy the freedom of having your own

Comment

cell phones are useless. though I suppose I would get one if I had any sort of social life.

but I think answering a cell phone during a date is rude.

Comment

Right now I'm carrying 2 cell phones: my personal cellphone (Samsung clam-shell) and my work cellphone (Nokia non-clamshell crap).

I always have both on at all times. When necessary (like while in a movie theatre or meeting at work) I put the cell phones in silent mode so all they do is vibrate.

The work one I really have no choice about, it needs to be on 24/7.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ok -- get a social life, then get your own cell phone.

doctor's orders

EDIT: cross-posting

Comment

I use my cell phone very infrequently. I'll talk on it perhaps 4 times a week on average, and most of those calls will be less than 10 minutes.

I keep my cell phone on, but if I'm eating, I just hit the button to stop it from ringing and have the caller leave me a message.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Of course, I have mine turned off when I'm having sex. But I think everyone does that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                  Of course, I have mine turned off when I'm having sex. But I think everyone does that.
                  not everyone has sex.

Comment

Like I said, Diss, follow the doctor's orders, and everything else should fall into place for you.

Comment

I wasn't talking about me. but some people are voluntarily celibate. Those fortunate people never have to worry about the cell phone ringing during sex.

Comment

Well, I suppose that works if sex is a special occasion and happens that infrequently.

It happens way too often to turn it on and off so much. Just let it ring if it goes off.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Well, I suppose that works if sex is a special occasion and happens that infrequently.

It happens way too often to turn it on and off so much. Just let it ring if it goes off.
                          Turning cell phone off before having sex does not lead to the conclusion of infrequent sex, my dear.

Comment

Turning cell phone off before having sex does not lead to the conclusion of infrequent sex, my dear.
                            Yes, it does, because if you're having enough sex you would get tired of doing it that damn often.

Comment

it takes less than 1 second

Comment

Working...
                              X