Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SW6 - what's with the little hairy bear-like creatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    No. He stops when he realizes that he's in the dark side and then decides not to fight at all. The trigger is just seeing that Vader's hand is mechanical, just like Luke's.

And then instead of accepting his death, like Obi-Wan did, he calls out to his father to turn.

Nothing non-lightside about that at all, asking someone to turn to the light.

If it was turning to full light side that wins, you'd expect that the Emperor would say, damn, I've lost him, I've lose everything.. etc, etc.

He does. He's pissed that he's lost Luke.

But his non-fighting stance is not enough to win the day (in fact, by itself, it would have killed him).

His stance is what gets Vader to turn.

It is his attachment to his father that saves him.

That is simply because the EU writers didn't know about the prohibition of marriage. Corran Horn was married way earlier, and the books say that he comes from an old family of Jedi.

And the EU is canon, as said.

I know. However, it also directly conflicts with the movies on this point.

Horn was married way earlier? He was married after joining Luke's Jedi Academy.

No, he got married 2-3 years after Endor.

And from the databanks I get that his lineage from Nejaa Halcyon was secretive. It seems that Halcyon's son Valin was hidden, and while it was from the Empire during the Clone Wars, it may have also been to the Jedi Council as well.

No, the books specifically say it was to protect them from the purges. Also, the Halcyon line was a very old one, and well-known (a holocron mentions it).

Comment

That was brilliant.

Comment

Kuci, I have no idea why but your little medal-thingies (none of which are showing) are fuggin' up my display. Can't you do something about it - like removing them?

Comment

linky

Comment

Er, so what was the solution? Clear the cache?

Comment

Wow. Imran is completely wrong.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                Er, so what was the solution? Clear the cache?
                I guess. It should be working now.

Comment

Working...
                X