Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SW6 - what's with the little hairy bear-like creatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

Episode -1: Return of The Sith, dummy.

Though, I don't think they went anywhere. Indeed, I've long suspected that the Sith are infact Vorlons. (cookie for somewhat obvious reference)

Anyone seen Clone Wars? Quite fun.

Thanks for the name-calling, ******.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Notice how Anakin restored balance to the force by eradicating both sides except for his son and daughter? Now that's the kind of wholesome entertainment that I want my kids to watch!
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Eh, no, he restored balance to the force when he killed the Emperor and returned to the light side.

Comment

his son and daughter are on the good side and alive, so he didnt eradicate both sides
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Eh, no, he restored balance to the force when he killed the Emperor and returned to the light side.
            Or rather we have no idea whether he, Luke, or someone else was actually the prophesied "Chosen One".
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Or rather we have no idea whether he, Luke, or someone else was actually the prophesied "Chosen One".
              Actually, I'm pretty confident this is what Lucas intended. Misread the prophecy was... but incorrect, it was not.

Comment

It seems Luke was closer to being a prophesied one.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

As in the other thread, Occam's Razor. The prophecy was about Anakin. Anakin fulfilled the literal interpretation of the prophecy. Ergo, it was about Anakin.

Comment

Literal interpretation? How does 20 years of Sith rule = 1000+ years of Jedi rule, if that is the test for balance? And, as Vader, he turns light and tries to kill the Emperor, leaving no Sith and, at least, one Jedi.

Comment

Literal interpretation? How does 20 years of Sith rule = 1000+ years of Jedi rule, if that is the test for balance? And, as Vader, he turns light and tries to kill the Emperor, leaving no Sith and, at least, one Jedi.
                      No, balance != equal Sith and Jedi. Balance = no dark side. The prophecy also said, IIRC, that he would destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force.

Comment

Balance = no dark side.

Why would that bring balance to the force? And seeing as how Luke turned Vader and then in the EU killed the Emperor, wouldn't it make more sense to be him?

Comment

The Jedi code is all about serenity peace blah blah blah etc. The light side is balanced. And as I stated in the other thread, I believe the writers of Dark Empire unknowingly broke the plot device Lucas had already written.

Comment

But is the light side REALLY balanced? Wouldn't true balance be neither fully light side nor fully dark side? And as I said, I don't think Lucas had written that plot device until it came time to write out the script for TPM.

Comment

But is the light side REALLY balanced?
                              Yes. According to the Jedi philosophy we get force-fed.

Comment

I think the lesson of the original trilogy is that Luke doesn't necessarily go the light side route entirely. He doesn't let go of his attachments. In fact, they may have made him stronger.

And seeing the Jedi in the prequals, I'm not sure they were meant to be totally emulated .

Comment

Working...
                                X