Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SW6 - what's with the little hairy bear-like creatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but "Happy Days" debuted 5 years prior.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      Wow, Solver, you are teh cool!

The first Star Wars to be shown here ever was episode I. I was seriously considering to go see it, hearing a lot about Star Wars, but the comments about SW not being deep or sophisticated sci-fi, which I prefer, made me reconsider, so I didn't go see episode I. Episodes II and III I didn't see because I realise I have no knowledge of Star Wars whatsoever, except the names Jedi, Sith and Skywalker. Recently, though (after episode III was released), I went on and read the plot summaries, rather detailed, for all SW. So that's where the villain being the father of the hero comes from in modern entertainment...
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
        Sadly i'm having to wait until it(SW6) gets a DVD release - so i dont know about the last one yet
        the last one is SW3
        SW6 is the last of the first trilogy
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yes, but "Happy Days" debuted 5 years prior.
          ah well, never watched

Comment

Here are the names: ( )

Star Wars (1977)
            The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
            Return of the Jedi (1983)
            The Phantom Penis, er, Menace (1999)
            Attack of the Clones (2002)
            Revenge of the Sith (2005)

I'll be glad to debate ya on this.

Comment

you should put the episode numbers as well and put them accordingly (with TPM first, ROTJ last)

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                I still haven't seen any Star Wars. Noticed the episode III promo banner yesterday - it has some scary greenish gremlin creature on it. My desire to watch Star Wars hasn't increased.
                If you like the classic spagethi westerns(the good the bad and the ugly etc), or some of those rather good japanese samuri epics, then maybe just watch the first Star wars movie(episode4).

Its got much of the charm and atsmosphere of those other genre types, and with less special effects(and aliens) kicking about it spends more on the characters.

And MarkG, for us 'londoners' you confused us with the 'SW6' reference in the first place........now i'm not sure what film your talking about
                Last edited by child of Thor; June 15, 2005, 09:04.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Here are the names: ( )

Star Wars (1977)
                  The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
                  Return of the Jedi (1983)
                  The Phantom Penis, er, Menace (1999)
                  Attack of the Clones (2002)
                  Revenge of the Sith (2005)

I'll be glad to debate ya on this.

this is wrong and you know it

Star Wars: New hope (1977)
                  Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
                  Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1983)
                  Star Wars: The Phantom Penis, er, Menace (1999)
                  Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (2002)
                  Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

this is right
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Nope, name of the first movie is Star Wars.

Cite: US Copyright Office

Registration Number: PA-28-102
                    Title: Star wars / a aLucasfilm, Ltd. production ; producer, Gary Kurtz ; director, George Lucas.
                    Imprint: [s.l. : s.n.], c1977.
                    Description: 6 film reels (121 min.) : sd., col., Panavision ; 35 mm.
                    Note: Deposit includes synopsis (1 p.)CAST: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher et al.CRED: Music by John Williams; written by George Lucas.
                    Claimant: acTwentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation
                    Created: 1978
                    Published: 5Jun78
                    Author on © Application: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, employer for hire.
                    Previous Related Version: Prev. reg. 1977, LP47760.
                    Claim Limit: NEW MATTER: English subtitles for the deaf.
                    Special Codes: 4/X/L
                    Cross Reference: ac20th Century Fox. SEE Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.

See?
                    Attached Files

Comment

And again:
                      Attached Files

Comment

of course the original name was "Star Wars"
                        now it's "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope"

Comment

Fah!

Damnable revisionist!

Comment

in every version of star wars: a new hope the beginning (after in a galaxy far far away) it is call star wars: a new hope...it doesnt matter what a piece of paper of a box says look at the movie...
                            Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

now now folks, lets spread a little Star Wars love around
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                                in every version of star wars: a new hope the beginning (after in a galaxy far far away) it is call star wars: a new hope...it doesnt matter what a piece of paper of a box says look at the movie...
                                No it isn't. It wasn't referred to as SW: ANH until 2000. It sure wasn't referred to as SW: ANH in 1977, 78, and 79 (original release and two re-releases.) The addition of the "Episode 4: A New Hope" to the opening crawl wasn't done until 1981 - but even then they continued to market and sell the movie as plain ol' "Star Wars."

Cite.

The legal title of the film wasn't changed until 1997, 20 years after the films release.

Anyway, the original debate wasn't over what the films legal names were but what they were called.

Comment

Working...
                                X