Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SW6 - what's with the little hairy bear-like creatures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW6 - what's with the little hairy bear-like creatures?

i completed a circle yesterday: watching star wars 1&2 on dvd, 3 on the cinema and half-day marathan: 4, 5 and 6 together!

anyway, i hadnt seen the first trilogy in almost 15 years so i barely remembered anything. so, WHAT ON GALAXY was lucas thinking with all these little hairy creatures? was the then last film of supposedly somewhat-sofisticated, operatic SF trilogy actually targeted at 6 year olds?

i mean, Jean-Luc Picard and James T. Kirk never became friends with any cute, funny small-sized aliens
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

He was trying to draw in more families with children to fatten his box office sales. They're called Ewoks and the Wookies slaughtered them in the Editor's Uncut uber-DVD Edition. *

*Note: No, not really.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

plus, was the yoda character really needed? luke could be trained by the "obi-ghost"

also, who's the original, yoda or miyagi?

Comment

on MarkG.

In case you forget Star Wars took place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
        Not to mention Master Yoda being 800 years old and all ....

"A pretender Miyagi is.
        The original he is not."

I guess you missed the episode with the Tribbles too ...

on watching all Star Wars' together though.

Comment

Yoda beat Miyagi by years.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
            I guess you missed the episode with the Tribbles too ...
            come on, tribbles were a single episode in a three seasons series, and perhaps a second one in the newer series. never made it into a movie....

Comment

Wesley Crusher was a tribble.

They should've dealt with him the same way too ...

Comment

Nobody ever talks about Q anymore though

Q was the ish.

He was annoying at first but I grew to like him.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Q was amazing

Comment

I thought John De Lancie played him well but by the time of TNG I was rather heartily sick of godlike beings able to snuff out large portions of the universe merely by sneezing at an inopportune moment.

Comment

Re: SW6 - what's with the little hairy bear-like creatures?

Originally posted by MarkG

i mean, Jean-Luc Picard and James T. Kirk never became friends with any cute, funny small-sized aliens
                      Kirk preferred the hot, sometimes green, female humnoids, if I recall correctly.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

something perfectly normal and understandable

Comment

Sophisticated? Star Wars?
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

EWOKS rules... were is ming i think he should ban the Grand lord of Apolyton, owner of all this land as far as the eye can see for herecy

Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

So what was your favourite movie out of all of them MarkG?

Its been said that by the time Return of the Jedi was ready to be made, Steven Spielburg had been talking often with George Lucas.

So we ended up in quite a different place after The Empire Strikes back(which i watched last night ), and it was the begining of the cutesy/kids stuff slant, Ewoks leading to Ja Ja binks etc

I find,for me, that the best of the SW films are definately the first two, then Return of the Jedi followed in any order by any of the new bunch.
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                              X