• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a monster.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

@MrFun: No, we won't excuse you.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by boann
        canada is somewhat surprising to me...that women could not vote until 1950
        Look again - restricted voting in 1917. Still too late, though.
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          To bad 90% of the population still can't vote sine legally you must be an Arab and a muslim plus have all of your family members live in Kuwait prior to 1932 in order to be a citizen. That means the vast, vast, vast majority of the population are noncitizens who can't vote.
          So they decided they trust females of Kuwaiti background more than males of non-Kuwaiti parentage? Im not sure thats unreasonable.

In any case this is a step forward - women now have the vote - the others didnt have the vote before, so nothing has changed. And giving the vote to women is a step that not only makes Kuwait more democratic, but makes it more liberal (in the wide sense). Given the concerns about illiberal democracy in that region, starting democratization with women probably makes sense.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The only time I have worn any makeup is in my nightmares, where some of my friends have tied me down, and forced me to dress in drag.
            MrFun do you still have "those" dreams a lot?

Spending a fortune on Tide for the bedsheets, eh?
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
            X