No announcement yet.

Is 24 hour News Too Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/11 was the only time I was super interested in the news...

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

I agree. Its usually just fluff.

If anything really important happened in your town it would probably be covered on the national news anyways. Save for local election... if you're interested in them to begin with.
      Maybe it depends on how big your country is and what is called local news
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

24 Hour news channels are crap except for important breaking stories (most breaking stories are not important).

Their annalysis is shaddy of craptacular ususally. They report the same set of events over and over and over..

If I need news, I go online, where I can read newspapers for better annalysis and look at AP or Reuters.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

the 9/11 coverage was great, because you got to see the plane hitting the building over and over.

that was sarcasm above btw.

Actually I did like the coverage the first day when they didn't edit out the swear words on the video- it felt like real news. And there is something fascinating about all that carnage. It's bad and all that, yet strangely compelling to watch.

Comment

speaking of 24 hour news right now. If you turn it on right now, you will see a 4 car black SUV motorcade travelling down the 101 freeway. This is what 24 hour news is.

Comment

I admit, I'm watching Fox news for this Michael Jackson thing on tv right now.

I do watch fox news for news stories that aren't politically biased (though many conservatives want to see him guilty). But for things like the Teri Schiavo case, I couldn't watch Fox news. Too biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                the 9/11 coverage was great, because you got to see the plane hitting the building over and over.

that was sarcasm above btw.

Actually I did like the coverage the first day when they didn't edit out the swear words on the video- it felt like real news. And there is something fascinating about all that carnage. It's bad and all that, yet strangely compelling to watch.
                Oh, I hated it after the first day

and I hated seeing the images over and over...

but I really wanted to know what was going on

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                X