Installation kinked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation kinked

I thought it was a problem with EU II patch to do a full install of the game, it would start deleting Civ 3.

Now I just tried to unisntall Civ 3, and it wanted to delete Dreamweaver instead.

How do I fix this problem?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

You need to wipe your hard drive and start all over.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yup, only cure is :

cd /
      rm -rf *
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Are you using the control panel to uninstall? What happens if you use the uninstall option in the start menu (if it's there)? Maybe the registry got screwed.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm thinking the registry is screwed.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'd say just let it uninstall Dreamweaver. After all, you are a serious web designer, aren't you?
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Why walk when I can run? Dreamweaver is what all serious web designers use.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Why walk when I can run? Dreamweaver is what all serious web designers use.
                  I beg your pardon? You got to be kidding...
                  Once again...

Comment

Nope. It writes clean code without adding other crap in. You can alter the code how you like and it won't change it unless you tell it to do so. I haven't worked at a place that hasn't had DW in six years.

Comment

http://www.formlessphantomsfixmycomputer.com

Make backups of all these things you want to keep, especially Civ

Try doing something like a system restore point if you've got any (I think Wondiws does it automatically?)
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                        http://www.formlessphantomsfixmycomputer.com

Make backups of all these things you want to keep, especially Civ

Try doing something like a system restore point if you've got any (I think Wondiws does it automatically?)
                        I'm alittle confused. Why do you suggest that a professional should consider to take a backup ? That would be a natural thing to do, so since Che are trying to claim that he is a pro, he of course has backups.
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Nope. It writes clean code without adding other crap in. You can alter the code how you like and it won't change it unless you tell it to do so. I haven't worked at a place that hasn't had DW in six years.
                          I must admit I haven't used DW since version 4, but it always took me more time to clean my code than to write it from scratch in Ultra Edit.

The only time I use it is when I have to create an image map and I couldn't talk the client out of it...
                          Once again...

Comment

I haven't used Dreamweaver for ages although I am convinced that no WYSIWYG Web site editor can create the sort of code a competent human can.

Quick question: how does it handle site-wide CSS sheets?
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm thinking the registry is screwed.
                              I think so too. Try restoring an earlier one.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X