Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    Yes reds4ever, you're generalising
    But at least I'm not full of sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

But at least I'm not full of sh1t
      You know Stew, your DL run this weekend has been pretty prolific
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

You know Stew, your DL run this weekend has been pretty prolific
        Take that back!

Comment

Northeners are really agreeable - unless your southern in which case you're treated like sh1t.

Not our fault we've got all the money and jobs.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

I'll use this opportunity to simultaneusly give you advice, and quote a musical that I don't really like.

"Open a new window, open a new door, travel a new highway that's never been tried before. Before you find you're a dull fellow, punching the same clock! Walking the same tight rope as everyone on the block. The fellow you ought to be is three dimensional! Soaking up life!....." -Mame
            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Re: Moving back home?

Originally posted by Park Avenue
              I've been in Leeds almost a year now and the job is fine, the people there are great and it's well paid (£1k pay rise next month!).

But the city is pretty crappy..my apartment block be noisy at times, there's a lack of decent nights out for music I like, and I'm paying over half of my salary in tax or rent. And what puts a cap on it is although I enjoy my work, the office is dreadfully overheated (usually 24c (75F) but yesterday got to 27c (81F)). I can't stand heat like that when you're just sat there festering in your own sweat. We have air conditioning too - work that one out.

Now there's a job advertised in Manchester, £15.5k so a bit of a pay cut, but the cut is less than the rent I'm paying at the moment in Leeds. But one catch, it means moving back to live with my parents for a bit. After a year on my own, not sure what that would be like!

So...stick with it in Leeds or start applying for jobs around here..hmmm! Opinions?
              Iraq.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
              X