Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! How can I get back some files I just deleted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! How can I get back some files I just deleted?

I know there are ways to recover surface files if you just deleted them.... how? Help!

If it means anything-the files I want to recover have the same name/directory as files that exist... it deleted them then reinstalled the files to the same location.

Amoung them was my only copy of my diablo 2 expansion cd key!

keep HD use to a minimum until someone give you an answer.

Comment

If you deleted them via the recycle bin, this simple utility will suffice:
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
        If you deleted them via the recycle bin, this simple utility will suffice:
        http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html
        And if that doesn't work, look for this on your favorite P2P program:

The global leader in data recovery also offers data recovery software. Ontrack® EasyRecovery™ DIY software recovers your personal and business data.

This little app has saved my ass on a number of occassions.

Comment

Format your C: drive.

Comment

No, don't listen to him! Hack into IP 127.0.0.1, and format that computer's HD.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

stop using that harddrive, if it is C: then stop using all programs on it. install a retrieval utility on a different harddrive, and scan C, with some luck you may get your files back. the latest filesystem is not friendly to file deletion and recovery, but if you have an ancient POS like I do you are in good shape.

edit:by all programs I meant all programs, close your browser you bozo

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                stop using that harddrive, if it is C: then stop using all programs on it. install a retrieval utility on a different harddrive, and scan C, with some luck you may get your files back. the latest filesystem is not friendly to file deletion and recovery, but if you have an ancient POS like I do you are in good shape.

edit:by all programs I meant all programs, close your browser you bozo
                I'm sure I just said that

Comment

I realized I did not delete it but overwrite it...nothing I can do .

Comment

A related question: How do I get data off of the platters on a hard drive whose head has crapped out?
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Pay someone a lot of money, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                        A related question: How do I get data off of the platters on a hard drive whose head has crapped out?
                        Go to your command prompt.

Type "C:\abracadabra".
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

why did you delete the files if you needed them?

Comment

Working...
                          X