Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*puts his hands up star trek style* BUSH!!! Immigration and patriot act......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT

Oh. Well, that makes it so much better.
    The rights were never taken away, they were temporarily suspended-there is a distinction.

The patriot act does not suspend rights if it becomes law-it removes them, permanently.

Comment

The Patriot Act is temporary as well. It's up to you to make sure it stays that way.

Comment

.....there are also two bills going through congress right now similar to bushes plan about 8 months ago to basically let any foreigner into this country and give them citizenship........

Basically I haven't heard of this. What are you talking about. Temporary worker cards?

Secondly what rights does the Patriot act take away? I really don't follow politics much so I don't know.
        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

There's a new clause being proposed which will alter due process for searches by the FBI. Basically the judiciary will be removed from the loop for a wide variety of searches, including tax records, financial transactions, medical records, and etc.

I just updated my personal profile for my stock broker, this evidently is part of the Patriot Act.

The YMCA now demands birth certificates of kids going to camp. Could this be.....nah.....surely this isn't part of the Patriot Act. I mean, i thought the organization was called the Young Men's Christian Association. Maybe I'm wrong. It could be the Young Muslim's Call to Arms.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            There was this guy, who wrote a book.... He talked about power, and how, when him and his buddies finally get it, they will not give it up... Hum...

Ah, Adolf Hitler.
            And it was also Hitler and his Buddies, who used a terrorist attack (the fire within the Reichstag) to institute emergency laws and get rid of all their political enemies.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST

And it was also Hitler and his Buddies, who used a terrorist attack (the fire within the Reichstag) to institute emergency laws and get rid of all their political enemies.
              That is an extremely bad comparison.

Comment

I don't see any reason to panic. I'm sure everything will be back to normal just as soon as we defeat Eurasia East Asia Eurasia.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Half of the USA's 2.9 million population growth last year came from Latino immigation.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Taking the judiciary out of the loop is what really frightens me. I don't think the average American cares though; I heard a story about a librarian who was asked by the FBI to give them a list of all the people who read a book on Bin Laden. the librarian got a judge to throw out the request, but then she started getting hate mail calling her a traitor, terrorist-lover, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                      African Americans never had any rights which were taken away-they were given new rights.
                      You completely missed JohnT's point!

He was referring to Lincoln's controversial decisions in regards to habeas corpus, newspaper press, and so forth.

I happen to believe that Lincoln's policies were justified in MOST cases then. But just to be fair, I don't think JohnT's real point should be overlooked.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Half of the USA's 2.9 million population growth last year came from Latino immigation.
                        MmmMMm, this can only mean more burittos and hot latin chicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear

That is an extremely bad comparison.
                          It was just a fact.

I don´t believe, that Bush will at one point start to eliminate all political opposition (for example by a bullet into their head) or will go after one race and kill them on an industrial scale.
                          I also don´t believe that Bush had something to do with September 11 (whereas it can be suspected that the fire on the german Reichstag was intentionally started by someone from Hitlers SA)
                          But there are similarities nevertheless, both of them used a terrorist attack for their political gains,
                          Hitler to gain supreme power and Bush to start a war on Iraq (and to institutes laws like the patriot act).
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

So, what is actually "putting your hands up, Star Trek style"?

Comment

Must be a Klingon battle move, or something.

And on topic:

The Americans get exactly what they voted for.

They wanted an elitist mafia, and they got one!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hands up = "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!"

Comment

Working...
                                X