the office foodchain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the office foodchain

i started working somewhere in administation. needed money so fine. it is a easy job but very boring but the people i work with are very cool. the only problem is the person directly above is is the biggest **** i have ever met. constantly *****ing and whining to me to do this and that (which i shouldnt even be doing). well anyways they saw my potential and they moved me up the foodchain. well not really i am taking over a job of someone that is on pregancy leave. but they will not take a replacement for my simple job. so I have 2 jobs now. the new job is much more fun and interesting...and because of how the company works with my new job i have now practically the boss of the guy that was first boss....but in the mean time i still do the boring job and there he is my boss...it is a very strange situation...so what to do?
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

What would Dilbert do?

(Ask Dogbert for advice, and get ridiculed. Basically, you are substituting 'Poly for Dogbert, so expect ridicule. )
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

fire everyone beneath you before. (including yourself)
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

ridicule i can take...

the problem is that i cant fire him i am sort of a quality control and his department is one of the worse...(i know i did the administration there so i found out the problems) so i can be very strict
        Bunnies!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

Depends on whether you want to make his life misrable or not...
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

wait for Ming to tell you how to exploit your old boss' weakness and successfully take his position from him at exactly the same time whatsherface comes back from maternity leave... and so you know, around here, many of the girls who go on maternity never come back.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I'd fire your old boss and promote yourself to his positon.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Document Document Document any quality issues. Just state facts without any personal observations. Make them as routine as possible. The larger a crap pile gets, the harder it is to ignore the smell.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

With your new position eliminate your old position. Then create several new positions with fancy titles, like Administrator Admiral and Chief Executive Futurologist, which you re-hire yourself with at an increased pay and other perks. Then sell any of these new positions you don't want anymore on EBay for an additional profit. Finally, hold weekly meetings here on Apolyton discussing crucial questions like "Should we try to retailor this company on a Communist philosophy?" and "How would Jesus sell this?"

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    Document Document Document any quality issues. Just state facts without any personal observations. Make them as routine as possible. The larger a crap pile gets, the harder it is to ignore the smell.
                    Oooohh, yessss. As a temp boss, you cannot fire your old boss, but as his current supervisor, you should be observing the quality of his work, and documenting it. Then let the guillotine blades fall where they may.

Comment

tnx for all the ideas...well next monday (i hate meeting ons monday) i have a meeting where i have to represent my finding of quality in certain area's per department...and his is again the worse...i am thinking about putting in a sly comment about this...or just make graphs with best departments on top and the worse on the bottom and make the letters of the departments names really big...or i just might do nothing
                      Bunnies!

Comment

Screw him.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Literally?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

not so in for office romances right now...except maybe that nice girl in accounting
                            Bunnies!

Comment

When I worked in an office, I just grabbed the money and
                              did not even talk to most of the androids that worked there.

I cannot stand office squares and their meaningless lives.

(present company excluded, of course!)
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X