Clothing Inequality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing Inequality

I was picking up some of my girlfriends clothes today and I was wondering how it was women get to wear men's clothing but men are stuck in our collective clothing ruts

examples

I just love a women that sits around in a pair of boxers. Somehow a man lounging around in a pair of panties just don't seem right.

A woman can look good with basball cap or football jersey on but put a man in a pink leotard and it just don't work as good.

A woman can wear a pair of overalls and visions of the farmers daughter comes to mind but put a man in a dress (unless your in Scottland and its tartan) and your asking questions about sexual oreintation.

A girl in tennis shoes doesn't warrent much attention but parade a man around in stilettos and your bound to raise an eyebrow or two.

Of course these examples are a bit western and I've noticed that many countries seem to have less differences in dress.

Any more examples of clothing inequality that I missed?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Re: Clothing Inequality

Originally posted by Sprayber

A woman can wear a pair of overalls and visions of the farmers daughter comes to mind but put a man in a dress (unless your in Scottland and its tartan) and your asking questions about sexual oreintation.
    Did you know that there are some cross-dressers who really are straight, and not gay at all?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Eddie Izzard
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Women are hot
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Sprayber's improvement in English grammar.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: Clothing Inequality

Originally posted by Sprayber

Any more examples of clothing inequality that I missed?
            Well you can certainly add in the whole makeup, jewelry and accessories thing.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Men can get away with wearing drab grey as formal wear or as a suit. Even if every other man is wearing the same clothing and its the same colour no-one will care.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Drab grey
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I got thinking about this sort of issues at a pre-party last friday. Every guy there wore jeans and a t-shirt or similar. Casual clothes, basically. The girls wore a variety of nice trousers and skirts, along with special blouses, etc. Moderately dressed up, IOW.

At least in my circles, this is typical. Girls dress to the occasion, guys just turn up in whatever feels comfy.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Women
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Would you rather spend all your money on that crap, or on booze, comics and cars?
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Clothes on women
                        Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Agathon; Comics? What kind of eliminative materialist are you? You do realise it means burning money and keeping the ashes?
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

In a previous incarnation I sold menswear. The people at our company told me (in 1991) that in NZ about 8% of money spent on clothes is spent on childrens' clothing. About another 3% is spent on menswear. The rest is spent on women's clothing.

So that means that either women vastly outspend men on clothing, or there are a vast number of closet transvestites in New Zealand.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

In a country where sheep outnumber humans 14 : 1, that's actually rather worrying.

Comment

Working...
                              X