Clothing Inequality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Vagabond

You can just walk in and pick 36/36 jeans -- no problem??? In my sad experience, anyone who needs xx/36 jeans has got a problem...
    Shorty!
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Re: Re: Clothing Inequality

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

OTOH, a man can walk around the city wearing only a pair of shorts.

My girlfriend pointed this out to me this morning. It's one of the great injustices in the the world that a woman cannot go to a park and take her shirt off like men can. Something as a society we must work on
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Why are men not allowed to wear skirts?? It would be so much more comfortable than any constraining underwear.
        Having worn a skirt inside when the wife (then fiancee) was washing my clothes, I have to agree. Not only is it comfortable, but quite cool on hot days, too.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You might have been mistaken for a Scot.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            You might have been mistaken for a Scot.
            Do they have pink tartan?

And does the kilt come in a mini version
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

You can just walk in and pick 36/36 jeans -- no problem??? In my sad experience, anyone who needs xx/36 jeans has got a problem...
              If you're fat, there's no problem finding xx/36 jeans here.

Finding 30/36 ones, tho, is becoming hopeless. I was, unusually for me, in one of those expensive shops for trend-conscious young people yesterday, and they simply did not have jeans in my size.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Buying clothes in Toronto is fun. Canadians are smaller than NZers and my friend and I both had to go to the outsize store for a few items, like shirts that would actually fit across our shoulders.

Back home labels go up to XXL in every store. Here they only seem to go up to XL in most places. And why do Canadian men have such narrow shoulders? Are they descended from whippets?
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                X