X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space05us
    All bears can climb trees

Not polar bears.
    Large brown bears are to big to climb trees as well. I've never heard of a 1000lb Kodiak climbing a tree. Have you?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
      I tend to think if a bear charged me I would just die of a massive coronary on the spot. I think bears are really, really f*cking scary.
      Excellent, then while the bear is mauling your body I can make a run for it.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Large brown bears are to big to climb trees as well. I've never heard of a 1000lb Kodiak climbing a tree. Have you?
        While I've never heard of a kodiak climbing a tree, a kodiak is just a big grizzlie, and grizzlies can climb trees.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If I had a .44 and a grizley was charging me, I'd be alot happier than if I had none. Particularly if I'd done the loads.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

While I've never heard of a kodiak climbing a tree, a kodiak is just a big grizzlie, and grizzlies can climb trees.
            It depends on the size of the tree, too. Smaller ones just break if a big bears tries to climb it.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              If I had a .44 and a grizley was charging me, I'd be alot happier than if I had none. Particularly if I'd done the loads.
              You wouldn't be happy for very long, as you very quickly realized the grizley was still charging you and all your bullets were doing was making it mad.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm a shooter. However, if it got to me mad would be good. Hate waiting around when I'm being eaten.

Comment

It doesn't matter whether you're a shooter or not. A .44 won't take down a charging grizley unless you get it in the eye or some other lucky shot. The .44 was made to stop men, not charging 750lb masses of muscle. You need a high calibur long arm.

If you're lucky, the bear will kill you or knock you out when it's smacking you around like a raggedy Andy. If you're not, well, several survivors remember the experience of having to lie there very still while the bear ate their arm or leg.

Comment

A head shot would be what I'd go for. Hey, better than just saying 'oh well, guess I'm dead'. I'd rather be saying 'Oh yeah you ****ing bear? You're BBQ tonight, right after I clean out my pants'.

Comment

I'd rather not get killed and / or eaten. There are better methods for avoiding both than relying on a lucky shot with an inacurate weapon. Most will leave both you and the bear alive, too.

Comment

I thought ****ting myself was a good standby plan. Nobody can enter the bathroom within ten minutes after I've done my duty. Certainly not and then go to dinner anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X