Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think VERY VERY VERY harsh penalties will stop corporate offenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think VERY VERY VERY harsh penalties will stop corporate offenders?

Inspired by another thread......

I still say that Ken Lay should be violently executed by stock owners and employees of enron. Give em all a raffle ticket... the 10 winners execute him in a style they like(assuming after a great deal of torture) on CSPAN 2. Every other executive at Enron when this happened have all their property taken and given to the stock holders and employees they cheated, their American citizenship revoked, they should then be sterilized and dropped naked in a third world country whose language they do not speak(I recommend east Asia or sub sahara Africa for the likeliness they could catch a deadly disease-any communist nation works as well). Anyone else implicated in this at a lower level for collaboration-mandatory 10 year jail sentence.

OH and any politicians who knew about this, same idea for torture/execute raffle as above except in this instance, the constituents of that individual are entered(so the whole country for the president... their district for a congressman etc). I recommend a longer torture period(on prime time) for the politicians since they are supposed to serve US and not the stockholders.

I actually DO NOT support the death penalty..... for violent crimes. I am against abortion in all instances except rape or incest(though I am unsure how the law should handle it). I am a very NON violent guy. I am anti death penalty and anti murder!(pro life)

Executing violent criminals is not a detriment and is not acceptable. No one does less violent crimes because of the death penalty. It is revenge and absolutley NOTHING else-it does nothing but end a life for no ones gain.

WHITE COLOR criminals however are another story. No one ever accidentally defrauded the citizens of the united states and their stock holders-it is a pre-meditated and intentional act. I support the death penalty and punishments that violate the constitution for corporate offenders at the level of the enron scandle. It is an act of UTTER malice and greed and one that shows COMPLETE disregard for the worth of another human being.

These monsters are worse then our worst violent criminals, the scale of their greed has hurt more people then the Oklahoma city bomber-who is likley the single American who has commited the most murders. For good or ill massive corporations are now a vital part of the way our society functions and the people at the highest level of corporate power have power that far surpasses our elected officials. They are, completely unchecked and the levels of filth they delve into are unacceptable.

*THAT* will send a message, let these *expletives* who think they are beyond all justice know that if they are caught, their lives are effectively over(or actually, over).

#### em all.

If this ever got into law(which of course is impossible), do you think corporate fraud would continue to the near universal scale that it does today?
    Last edited by Vesayen; June 8, 2005, 09:55.

Do you think VERY VERY VERY harsh penalties will stop corporate offenders?

No.

You cook the books here, you cook the books there, and pretty soon you assume that you'll never get caught.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

We need to make a Soviet Style Example of a few corporations before the fraud will stop (for a while at least). The Soviets used to announce Comrade So & So was a traitor then they'd have everyone assemble for the execution and shoot comrade so & so in front of everyone. The result is people started to pay more attention to the party's directives.

Many corporations are still playing accounting games instead of following the intent of hte law. We need a few examples to be made.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

TR COME HOME
        Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

No. They'll need to add at least two more VERYs to that.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I am perscribing execution after exetended public torture, how huch more "very" can you get? Beat them to death with baby seals?

Comment

Corruption is punishable by death in China but it still happens. Enforcement is what matters.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

You have the most annoying thread titles, period.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                  I am perscribing execution after exetended public torture, how huch more "very" can you get? Beat them to death with baby seals?
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                    Corruption is punishable by death in China but it still happens.
                    Not corporate ones though. At least not for private corporations.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I don't think executing them would help.

What should be done is to take away all the ill-gotten gain, and and a fine that is several times that. Before the fine is paid, they can't own a house, can't own a car, can't be a senior executive or in a position that has anything to do with finance, and can't be a director. Something like that.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The revocation and liquidation of 80-90% of their assests should do the trick.

(They can keep that 10-20%, and it would still be sizeable).

The liquidation of their assests then go toward lowering the national debt. That way, their money goes to something good...or the funds go to social programs and funding of our various governmental departments.

There, wasn't that simple?
                        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                        *****Citizen of the Hive****
                        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Rapid and early punishment is a greater deterrent than extreme punishment. This means much better auditing of corporate followed by quick legal action and conviction followed by punishment that will hurt, probably a 12 month jail term and confiscation of all assets

Comment

Originally posted by trev
                            Rapid and early punishment is a greater deterrent than extreme punishment.
                            Some in my area would like to see the stock and the whipping post make a comeback (haven't been used here in almost 200 years).

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                              I don't think executing them would help.
                              Fun though.

Comment

Working...
                              X