No announcement yet.

The New Music Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but decent enough is a bit too thin to spread over 5 albums... But to each his own I guess
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

What does everyone think of the new White Stripes album? I heard samples on NPR yesterday, it sounds interesting...
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

Re: The New Music Thread!

Originally posted by Oerdin

Brian Eno: Thursday Afternoon (supposedly Brian Eno is a 1970's god father of indie rock but I'm not hearing it in this album).
        Erm, the records you'd be looking for in that respect would be 'Here Come the Warm Jets' and 'June 1 1974' where he appears with Nico, John Cale and Kevin Ayers in a live gig.

Also: 'Another Green World' which also has Jazz and Funk influences.

'Thursday Afternoon' is part of his interest in Ambient Music, along with 'Discreet Music', 'Music for Airports' and 'On Land'.

Oh, and if you don't have it, check out his collaboration with David Byrne, 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts'.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

this song has the most amazing videoclip but I can't find it on the internet

Comment

if anyone could make out all the lyrics, please tell me!

Comment

Recent purchases:

Strange Cargo: Million Town

Various artists: Bachology promo e.p.

Red House Painters: Down Colorful Hill

Mojave 3: Some Kinda Angel

Salif Keita: Yada

Emmylou Harris: Where Will I Be ?

St. John's College Cambridge Choir: Masses By Tallis & Sheppard

Ross Porter's: After Hours With Verve

Astrud Gilberto: This Is Astrud Gilberto

P. P. Arnold: Kafunta

Terry Callier: First Light

Various Artists: The Harold Arlen Songbook- That Old Black Magic

Nicola Alesini &PierLuigi Andreoni: Marco Polo

Various Artists: 1996 Gyroscope/Sky Catalogue Sampler

Colourbox: Best of

Maryam Mursal: The Journey
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Band - Album
                Zyklon - Aeon.
                Origin - Echoes of Decimation.
                Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked.
                Tarot - Suffer for our Pleasures.

This Weekend I want to get the latest Exodus album, 'Tempo of the Damned.'

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                  BT - ESCM
                  a true trance classic
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I finally got around to buying Death Cab for Cutie's new Album. Plans is a great CD though I kept putting off buying it because it was such a hyped main stream choice. For once the main stream was right.

Still not as good as TransAtlanticism though.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                      Coldplay - X&Y
                      ICK! Coldplay is TEH SUCK!

I have liked some of your other choices though. Postal Service and The Aquabats have been great finds you have shared with me.

Comment

Coldplay's pretty sweet mellow music.

What do you think of Broken Social Scene? They're relatively obscure so I think you'll sing their praises?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Or Jack's Mannequin?
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

What do you think of Broken Social Scene? They're relatively obscure so I think you'll sing their praises?
                            Hardly obscure. Their "You forget it in People" album is one of the top 20 albums of the year. Stars and Sons is likely the best song on the CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Or Jack's Mannequin?
                              Actually I have never listened to them. Are they any good?

Comment

It's just the guy from Something Corporate.

I've only heard one song, "Dark Blue", by them, but I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X