The New Music Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Music Thread!

OK, what new music have you aquired lately and what have you been listening to the most. I've bought:

Mia Doi Todd's Manzanita

British Sea Power's Open Season

Cat Power: You are Cat Power Free

Broken Social Scene: You Forget it in People

Architecture in Helsinki: In Case We Die

The Books: The Lemon of Pink

Jim Croce's Greatest Hits (He's a local boy who was big in the 1970's but who died in a plane crash in 1973; his wife has a great jazz bar/restaurant here in San Diego)

Enon: High Society (I finally gave in to the hype)

Pinback: Summer in Abaddon (This is my favorate local band)

Brian Eno: Thursday Afternoon (supposedly Brian Eno is a 1970's god father of indie rock but I'm not hearing it in this album).

Bjork: Greatest Hits (OK, I like this weird Icelandic chick)
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Be by Common
    Brothers from Another by the Young Gunz
    Get Lifted by John Legend
    Dino: The Essential Dean Martin
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Bjork: Greatest Hits (OK, I like this weird Icelandic chick)

She's great

Joy Division: The Complete BBC Recordings (featuring amazing versions of 24 hours, Colony, Love will tear us apart and Sound of Music)

Chemical Brothers: Push the button

Vitalic: Ok Cowboy

Mylo: Destroy Rock & Roll
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

The Best of Kenny Rogers (The Gambler is my all time favourite boozing song)

Some Frank Zappa

Neil Young Live Rust x100

Annie Anniemal - Oerdin recommended this, but I don't really think it's all that.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I like Anniemal though I admite it is an aquired taste.

I could be biased by her hot Norweigen looks though.

Comment

Yeah, I'd hit it.

I have to listen to it again. I had it on my ipod on the way to school the other day.

I have to get myself a copy of the second Dolly Parton bluegrass album. I really changed my mind about her after hearing the first one, Little Sparrow.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters
              Rob Thomas - Something to Be...
              Staggered Crossing - Last Summer When We Were Famous (awesome live)
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Chan (Pronounced "Shawn") Marshall of Cat Power is pretty cute too.

Comment

Looks like a boy in the first pic.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Does that mean you'd hit it?

Comment

Nope, too femme.

Comment

A Perfect Circle - Amotion (awesome remix album)

I haven't brought any new cds for a while now, far too expensive.

Others:

The Killers - Hot Fuss
                        Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters
                        The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (making a comeback)
                        Tool - Lateralus

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

Joy Division: The Complete BBC Recordings (featuring amazing versions of 24 hours, Colony, Love will tear us apart and Sound of Music)

I think my last acquisition was... mmm... Cake - Pressure Chief (not as good as their other albums, though).
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Re: The New Music Thread!

Originally posted by Oerdin

Enon: High Society (I finally gave in to the hype)
                            I wasn't aware there was any hype around them at all. Certainly in the UK I've rarely heard mention of them outside of my own group of friends - and we only came across them by accident after seeing them support GVSB a few years ago.

Anyway, that aside, what do you think of the album?
                            "In general, someone is a thing of value if and only if he or she is willing to submit to whatever degradation and abuse is required to preserve that position. Anything less betrays a lack of commitment." - Steve Albini

Comment

Annie being an acquired taste? She's pretty much yet another pop girl.

I recently acquired Hammerfall's Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X