The 1920s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circa 6000 BCE for me.

mainland europe emerges from the last ice age. Stoneage tribes head across the land bridge back into what becomes the U.K.
    Ahead of them a virgin land to tame and fight over I think i would have had a blast(or been eaten by wolves or something). No rules from an officious gov telling what i can and cannot do.
    No Bush
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      Pick a decade. Have some fun.

Oh, fine.

25010 CE.

Best. Decade. Ever.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
        Pick a decade. Have some fun.

Oh, fine.

25010 CE.

Best. Decade. Ever.
        No computers either it will be fun
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Lancer, I'm with you about the 20's. If only for Louise Brooks
          Attached Files
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

I'd flap it.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by boann
              the best time for women is now.
              who wants to go back to
              beating your laundry against a rock or living before antibiotics ...
              when childbirth could kill you... or when a woman was just property or
              cooking in a wood stove during the middle of summer.
              ahhh no thanks..
              rather be here right now with all the modern things
              that make life more easy for a woman.
              be able to own my own property ..
              work at any job i can handle and decide for myself when and if i want to have children.
              I dunno... the 1990's had more acceptance for equality for women than we seem to nowdays.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I saw a strange headline on Fox news last week. It said "Opponent of Women's Suffrage Seeks Top Position in Kansas" - I think it was about some election. Does anyone know anything about this?
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

"I used to have some old history textbooks from the 1890s inherited from my grandmother. Sweet Lord the garbage they used to teach kids! They're full of all that "white man's burden" trash, not to mention the obscenely glowing praise of the new "seperate but equal" doctrine. I loved the labeling of G. W. Carver and B. T. Washington as "credits to their race". They took the extra precaution of putting the word "exceptional" in front just in case someone mistook them for the wrong kind of person. It's also interesting to see Slavs and Latins referred to as races. Oh yeah, these people were innocent alright."

Sure, one could pick out the obscure fact to shoot down an exceptional decade if one were so inlined DrS. Sure, nothing was perfect, still isn't.
                  I believe that in the 1890s lynching of blacks was at it's apogee. In many places the Irish still weren't accepted as being fully white, but the Italians, Poles, and Russians weren't accepted as being fully human. There really was a "wrong side of the tracks" in most towns, and every effort was made to remind folks living there of their status.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
                    Circa 6000 BCE for me.

mainland europe emerges from the last ice age. Stoneage tribes head across the land bridge back into what becomes the U.K.
                    Ahead of them a virgin land to tame and fight over I think i would have had a blast(or been eaten by wolves or something). No rules from an officious gov telling what i can and cannot do.
                    No Bush
                    No beer or any form of alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                    X