No announcement yet.

Identity Theft, or is just borrowing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change your bank. ASAP. They wouldn't fight you if they were giving you a service and respecting you as their client. They know it's their own fault, yet they try to stick you with.. little over hundred bucks? Hey, if it was one million, I'd understand, but they won't even write hundred bucks as losses because of their own incompetence and instead try to make YOU pay for it?

Forget about it. Get your money back, get your lost money and change the bank.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Amazing, what idiots your bank has working for it! Btw, what bank was that? Account #? Just curious.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Speaking of stupid banks does anyone have a link to the story about the guy who deposited one of those spam mail checks? Some spam company e-mailed a picture of a check with the recievers name on it for $100,000 and attached a message saying "You may have already won" etc... Well, the guy decided to see what would happen so without endorcing the check he just deposited it using an ATM and, low and behold, the bank cleared the check! He withdrew the money in the form of a cashier's check and put it in a safe deposit box and the bank eventually figured out their error (months latter) and came looking for the money. Legally, so much time had passed that the money was his but he agreed to return it if the bank appoligized for being so rude to him and trying to trash his credit. It was a long funny story.
        He should have put into a saving account and took the Int.

Comment

WAMU

I have had very good service from Washington Mutual and have never encountered any problems.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            Get out of that bank as fast as possible. They has no right to do anything like that but speculates in "suckers" that don't dare or bother to take up the fight.

Actually, that should be an criminal offense, at least here.
            I 2nd this motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              Wait until they refund the money before you close your account
              And I 2nd this also.

Comment

Re: WAMU

Originally posted by pchang
                I have had very good service from Washington Mutual and have never encountered any problems.
                two of my Children use that bank.

Comment

Electronic checks don't have endorsements (just voice affirmation) and may have ridiculously high check numbers to keep from conficting with regular checks. Have you paid any creditors $105 recently? Ask your wife, too. It's a strange amount for ID theft.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Electronic checks don't have endorsements (just voice affirmation) and may have ridiculously high check numbers to keep from conflicting with regular checks. Have you paid any creditors $105 recently? Ask your wife, too. It's a strange amount for ID theft.
                    Unless these guys are skimming several hundred people at the same time. They take a small about so you will not be alarm when you see your statement.

This happen to me. Several month ago, I order a computer game (Locomotion) from EB with one of those promotion attach if you go that far. I did not order the promotion service, just paid for the game. Two month later I saw a 15.00 charge on my Credit Card for some type of service, so I call and ask them what was going on. They said sorry and we will refund your money right away. I also call the CC and stop payment on the service. Just think if they did this to everyone who order Locomotion from EB.

This also happen to us. 4 month ago, I received a letter from Post Office, informing us that a person was caught with a sheet of paper and 5 checks were photocopy on the paper. One of the check was a check that we wrote back in Jan of 2001. The other checks on the paper belong to other people. We had to go change my wife checking account and that took more than 3 hours.

Comment

CHe; I have a copy of the check, so I know who it was made to, and no I have never had any dealings with that place. It appears someone forged the entire check and just used my account number and the stupid bank cashed it.

For those who care it is Wells Fargo... It's only been in the last year that I have had any problems. I have been with them for 12+ years with no problem. I don't know what is going on with them, but they have pissed me off more than once and twice and the past year.

They are about to lose a customer
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

What you may have there is an automated or electronic payment for someone else and a typo in the account number.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                        X