Identity Theft, or is just borrowing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identity Theft, or is just borrowing?

Someone took $105.00 out of my bank account. Or rather, I noticed that there $105.00 went missing and don't remember doing it. I called it in, they are switching my account and it shouldn't happen again... shouldn't. I don't know if I am getting my money back, but it was only $105, and only once... I will live.

Thing is, the bank blamed identity theft, I blame the bank! $105.00 check, not even one of my checks, cashed in Minnesota when I am in CA, it has my current address, but I bank out of Fresno so I use that address, and the check wasn't even signed or endoresed and the BANK CASHED IT!!

If I don't get my money back I will push a little harder and then switch banks. I have been with this bank for 12 years, but this absurd. I just want to tell them not to cash anything on my account that isn't signed!

Oh, the check number, 999999. Idiots! (the bank, not the dude trying to be me)

Scary thing; I just transfered $5k into it to pay my contractor. Whew.
    Monkey!!!

Just go hard on the bank - it's their fault and responsiblilty.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: Identity Theft, or is just borrowing?

Originally posted by Japher
      Thing is, the bank blamed identity theft, I blame the bank!

$105.00 check, not even one of my checks

and the check wasn't even signed or endoresed

Oh, the check number, 999999

Three strikes...

They can't hold you responsible if they check isn't signed or endorsed. Identity theft... HAHAHAHAHAH... NO... just a stupid bank!
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, it's somewhere in the Commercial Code. They're responsible for cashing an unendorse check. You should get your money back.

Comment

The only other problem I've had with this bank is that they once took out a couple of hundred dollars and put something like 000000000 on the line that generally tells me why that debit is there. How stupid is that?

I asked them about it and it turned out my lil' sis cashed some bonds at the bank and they over paid her and so when they went to get it back they took it from my account.

How lame is that?

They make a mistake by giving my sis too much money on her bonds and then to correct it they charge me?! Morons I tell ya.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, it's somewhere in the Commercial Code. They're responsible for cashing an unendorse check. You should get your money back.
            Good. I have a copy of the canceled check.

I was headed to the bank to deposit my pay check (that is on hold) when I noticed the debit. So I went into the branch and asked them. They gave me a copy of the check and told me to call the customer service. I was all, "what, you don't have customer service here?"

lame
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Get out of that bank as fast as possible. They has no right to do anything like that but speculates in "suckers" that don't dare or bother to take up the fight.

Actually, that should be an criminal offense, at least here.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Wait until they refund the money before you close your account
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  Wait until they refund the money before you close your account
                  - that would be smart.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I asked the customer service guy how it is that someone can cash a check with endorsing it, in a state that is mine, one a check that doesn't even have my correct address (but my home address), on a check number that doesn't even exist?

He said, "that's how these ID thefts do it"

BS, you guys are just handing out my money willy-nilly!

So, how's Washington Mutual?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Speaking of stupid banks does anyone have a link to the story about the guy who deposited one of those spam mail checks? Some spam company e-mailed a picture of a check with the recievers name on it for $100,000 and attached a message saying "You may have already won" etc... Well, the guy decided to see what would happen so without endorcing the check he just deposited it using an ATM and, low and behold, the bank cleared the check! He withdrew the money in the form of a cashier's check and put it in a safe deposit box and the bank eventually figured out their error (months latter) and came looking for the money. Legally, so much time had passed that the money was his but he agreed to return it if the bank appoligized for being so rude to him and trying to trash his credit. It was a long funny story.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There was a thread on it earlier.

Comment

Oerdin, that was posted here last week I think.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Identity Theft, or is just borrowing?

Originally posted by Ming

Three strikes...

They can't hold you responsible if they check isn't signed or endorsed
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

here ya go Oerdin

http://www.goodthink.com/$$tablecontents.html
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X