Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Srebrenica video

Heard about it? Saw something of it?

I posted a news article on it on a German board, and the first big reaction was like "This must be fake! Looks like a b-movie! Why would somebody make a video tape of this, why wasn't it destroyed later?"

But I think some people (victims and perpetrators) in the video are already id-ed.....

So what do you think?
    Blah

link to the video? or the news article?

Comment

Don#t have a link to the video.

Just news articles:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...603874,00.html (German)

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Blah

Comment

Last edited by Combat Ingrid; June 5, 2005, 14:38.
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Many people must have very little imagination. If they hear that hundreds were shot, why are they shocked at the video? What did they think it would look like?
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Summary?

Comment

The Serbs massacred hundreds of Bosnian Muslims in the town of Srebrenica during that civil war. In typical Human cruesomeness, someone recorded it on video (as a type of trophy or memento) and it has since surfaced.

Death penalty (Sorry, still against it; prefer something more vengeful...)
              The perpetrators rotting away in a Turkish prison (...like this.)
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Someone has to pay ($) for all that rotting. Someone , gaurds, have to deal with such people day in and out. The families of victims would have to deal with the fact that the murderers were still alive. I suggest ending their lives would be easier on everyone concerned.

Comment

I've heard rumors of this video for many years now, very strange that it finally has surfaced.

There is even reference to an execution in a cheezy Hollywood action movie, Behind Enemy Lines. I can't remember if it involved a videotape though.

The Serb response has been good so far.

They need to be persistent about about it though.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The actual video: http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/artike...ica_video.html

Click on the first link in the section 'Mediatheek' in the top-right. The first bit is in Dutch, as are the subtites, but the images speak for themselves.

Warning: although the worst bits have been filtered out, the images can be seen as very shocking.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      Many people must have very little imagination. If they hear that hundreds were shot, why are they shocked at the video? What did they think it would look like?
                      Until now, many Serbs didn't believe the Srebrenica massacre happened at all, as government proganda told them for years it was all Western lies. To the Serbs, this is *very* shocking.

To the rest of the world, it may be cliche, but an image says more than 1,000 words and a video says more than 1,000 images.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

"Until now, many Serbs didn't believe the Srebrenica massacre happened at all, as government proganda told them for years it was all Western lies."

Got ya, I wasn't aware of that.

Comment

One thing is for sure. This is still more evidience of war crimes commited by Yugoslav forces and those people who continue to claim war crimes didn't occur in Bosnia & Kosovo or were exagerated by the west are just plain wrong.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                            The Serbs massacred hundreds of Bosnian Muslims in the town of Srebrenica during that civil war.
                            That should read eight thousand not "hundreds".
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                              In typical Human cruesomeness, someone recorded it on video (as a type of trophy or memento) and it has since surfaced.
                              Yeah, that is what I'm thinking too - after all we also have stuff about other massacres (for example photo evidence from WW2), so it is not too uncommon that such material survives.

I think some people have the strange habit to construct a conspiracy theory about everything.
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X