No announcement yet.

Ultra-conservatives and American Political Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are the rightwing nutbars any worse than the leftwing ones? Ted Rall is just as ****ing crazy and offensive as Michael Savage...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I would like to see an example of a leftwing nutbar calling for the death of rightwing opponents.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Drudge Report ^ | April 27, 2005 | Matt Drudge

Posted on 04/27/2005 5:55:47 AM PDT by Quilla

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED APRIL 27, 2005 09:01:25 ET XXXXX

AIR AMERICA RADIO INVESTIGATED AFTER BUSH 'GUNSHOTS'

**Exclusive**

The red-hot rhetoric over Social Security on liberal talkradio network AIR AMERICA has caught the attention of the Secret Service, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Government officials are reviewing a skit which aired on the network Monday evening -- a skit featuring an apparent gunshot warning to the president!

The announcer: "A spoiled child is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little bastard. [audio of gun being cocked]."

The audio production at the center of the controversy aired during opening minutes of The Randi Rhodes Show.

"What is with all the killing?" Rhodes said, laughing, after the clip aired.

"Even joking about shooting the president is a crime, let alone doing it on national radio... we are taking this very seriously," a government source explained.

[A Randi Rhodes Fan site is offering an mp3 clip of the broadcast.]

http://server2.whiterosesociety.org/...es/RhodesShow-(25-04-2005).mp3

Developing...

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
          Don't worry Ann, we dont want to see you prance around naked.
          Cue Ben in 5...4....3....
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
            Drudge Report ^ | April 27, 2005 | Matt Drudge

Posted on 04/27/2005 5:55:47 AM PDT by Quilla

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX WED APRIL 27, 2005 09:01:25 ET XXXXX

AIR AMERICA RADIO INVESTIGATED AFTER BUSH 'GUNSHOTS'

**Exclusive**

The red-hot rhetoric over Social Security on liberal talkradio network AIR AMERICA has caught the attention of the Secret Service, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Government officials are reviewing a skit which aired on the network Monday evening -- a skit featuring an apparent gunshot warning to the president!

The announcer: "A spoiled child is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us. Well, here's your answer, you ungrateful whelp: [audio sound of 4 gunshots being fired.] Just try it, you little bastard. [audio of gun being cocked]."

The audio production at the center of the controversy aired during opening minutes of The Randi Rhodes Show.

"What is with all the killing?" Rhodes said, laughing, after the clip aired.

"Even joking about shooting the president is a crime, let alone doing it on national radio... we are taking this very seriously," a government source explained.

[A Randi Rhodes Fan site is offering an mp3 clip of the broadcast.]

http://server2.whiterosesociety.org/...es/RhodesShow-(25-04-2005).mp3

Developing...
            I heard about that. Pretty tactless. Any others? Oh, and they have to top Ann calling for the death of New York Times employees and Jim Gibbons calling for liberals to be used as Human shields in Iraq (that day it was discovered the asshat plagerized that speech).

Comment

Before anyone starts on the old "conservatives want the poor to starve" crap, recognize that conservatives believe in helping the disadvantaged, it's just not the government that's supposed to be doing the helping. If you're in trouble, you shouldn't go to the government for assistance, go to (1) your family, (2) your church, (3) get private monies from a donation-sponsored source.

You can argue about whether this is the good and proper way to do things, but to claim that the conservative stance is that the poor & disadvantaged should get no help whatsoever is wrong.

This doesn't count hysterical/histrionic extremists like Coulter and Savage (Hannity's actually not too bad.) But I use folks like the crew at National Review as my benchmark of what conservatism is/should be.
              An excellent example of cold hearted conservatives punishing the poor.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I like the consies. They'll lead America to fiery ruin.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                    I would like to see an example of a leftwing nutbar calling for the death of rightwing opponents.

And apparently no one has the balls to answer Drosedars.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

ajbera posted the Sludge Report about Randi Rhodes and the very off-color joke about violence against Pres. Bush. It was a fair example, but not what I was looking for.

Comment

oh, ok
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Dracon, if you really want to understand the split, I cannot highly enough recommend last year's "What's the matter with Kansas" by Thomas Frank.
                          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

You can argue about whether this is the good and proper way to do things, but to claim that the conservative stance is that the poor & disadvantaged should get no help whatsoever is wrong.
                            They aren't opposed to private charities helping the poor, they are opposed to being forced to help the poor. If soeone else wants to help the poor, why should they stand in the way? If someone want to use their money, well that's another story.

As someone who's tried to use these charities, let me tell you this is an evil thing to do. They are overwhelmed and terribly inefficient. Even the worst run government agencies are better run than the private charities I've had to deal with.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Before anyone starts on the old "conservatives want the poor to starve" crap, recognize that conservatives believe in helping the disadvantaged, it's just not the government that's supposed to be doing the helping. If you're in trouble, you shouldn't go to the government for assistance, go to (1) your family, (2) your church, (3) get private monies from a donation-sponsored source.
                              If conservatives believed in helping the poor we wouldn't need govt programs.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If there weren't any of those govt programs ppl would find ways to fix their own problems without sponging off the govt.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X