Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the Killing Fields of Cambodia America's Holocaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the Killing Fields of Cambodia America's Holocaust?

Inspired by Muad'Dib's wonderfully 'misguided' thread...

So anyway, short of controlling Pol Pot and pulling the triggers of the Khmer Rouge's weapons I put it to you, the people of Poly, that the US was responsible for creating the conditions in which the Khmer Rouge could thrive - and then leaving, creating a power vacuum allowing them to carry out the heinous atrocities whereby an estimated two million people perished and doing nothing whatsoever to stop them...

Now my little boy scouts, if you don't know much about this chapter of America's sordid past because you are either too young - or stupid, I suggest using these keywords in your searches...

Cambodia
    Neutral Country
    B-52s
    Innocent Civilians
    CIA sponsored Right-Wing Coup
    Pol Pot
    Khmer Rouge
    Year Zero
    Tuol Sleng
    Cambodia's Auschwitz

Discuss!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

I'd blame Bush, but he was busy snorting coke at the time.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

More likely it was because he was dodging the draft at the time...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Re: Was the Killing Fields of Cambodia America's Holocaust?

Originally posted by MOBIUS

Now my little boy scouts, if you don't know much about this chapter of America's sordid past because you are either too young - or stupid, I suggest using these keywords in your searches...

Cambodia
        Neutral Country
        B-52s
        Innocent Civilians
        CIA sponsored Right-Wing Coup
        Pol Pot
        Khmer Rouge
        Year Zero
        Tuol Sleng
        Cambodia's Auschwitz

Discuss!
        Don't forget:
        Neutral country that couldn't or wouldn't control its own borders.
        Violation of neutrality.
        VC sanctuary
        NVA sanctuary
        Ho Chi Minh trail (if you want to do the MOBIUS strip, technically not the Ho Chi Minh trail itself, but an ancillary supply route into the central highlands of RVN.
        Parrot's Beak
        Fishhook
        Iron Triangle
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

That's right, if the NV wouldn't have used Cambodia, US wouldn't have had to counter in Cambodia either. We can say they used too much force, too much chemicals, too much everything. But the fact still is, it takes two to tango, and while the US was there, they were forced to be there by the enemy. Don't expect the logistic routes to be left alone if they are used in places it causes controversy to enter and destroy them.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The Cambodian nightmare may have been enabled by the Yank and Vietnamese meddling, but the real monster is Pol Pot.
            The US has propped up plenty of dictatorships and betrayed plenty of countries in its past, and it never degenrated like in Cambodia. Becuase these other pawn countries didn't have a Pol Pot.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Pol Pot. Yeah... what can you say to that. I guess nothing. Maybe nothing should be said, silence is the best protest of his character. The bastard doesn't deserve words, not even negative ones.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Pol Pot. Yeah... what can you say to that. I guess nothing. Maybe nothing should be said, silence is the best protest of his character. The bastard doesn't deserve words, not even negative ones.
                Let's just say that I consider Pol Pot to be the worst monster that has ever walked the Earth. And yes, this statement takes into account all genocidial maniacs I know of.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

who's pol pot?

Comment

Spiffor, I don't know if I rank him the first, but he definitely is in the top 5. Maybe even top 3.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                      who's pol pot?
                      Pol Pot

The Killing Fields

Comment

Send Stewart Spink through the looking glass and you get MOBIUS.

Comment

Inspired by Muad'Dib's wonderfully 'misguided' thread...

Your welcome.
                          "And his word shall carry
                          death eternal to those who
                          stand against righteousness."

Comment

Yet another "US defending democracy" incident. Anyway, it's good people now know what was known long ago about the mosntrocities of that country's governments.

Comment

Yeah, US defending democracy incident, but carried about by a commie. Someone was indirect, when someone was direct. Both bad, but... this certainly is not a high argument for communism.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X