Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poly Psychoanalysts and Spiritualists unite: Help me understand my dream!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly Psychoanalysts and Spiritualists unite: Help me understand my dream!

I need some guidance. Only because, frankly, this dream freaked me out more than any I’ve ever had.

To give some background: I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ as savior. However, my beliefs are not literal to the Bible, which most Christians would find uneasy at best. In fact, this past Sunday I became the banqueter (I work at a banquet hall) to oversee setting up evening church for this fundamentalist group…they asked me, when I introduced myself, if I was a Christian. I could tell them yes, but far less strict then they – of course, they gave me a weird look. Also, I am a BFA Acting Major, and I am entering the studio next year, thanks to a successful re-audition.

So here’s the dream:

I am with a teacher of mine (from a few years back, not in college). We are having a discussion on my acting (in fact, I saw her IRL last week, and she told me to have tea with her to catch up at some point.) During our discussion she reveals to me some pertinent information:

Not only have I not been accepted in to the BFA program, but…I have also not been accepted into Heaven.

This catches me off-guard, until I am told that I am dying. When I die, my soul will not, like many others, be brought into Heaven, but instead terminated for eternity. I am, in essence, to be faded out of existence.

First, I ask her which religion was correct. She tells me that many can be, but for the most part you must be Jewish (of course…IRL she IS Jewish.)

So I am very frightened during the dream. Not only do I not enter the acting program that will send me off on a good career, but when I die I will not be anything to anyone. I’m told that there is no Hell, only Heaven and elimination. I turn to others (who IRL are in the program with me) and they say that they’ve been accepted, but since they’re atheist they won’t make it to Heaven either, which doesn’t seem to bother them.

Through the dream I’m trying to figure out what I can do to get into Heaven. I’m told that time has already passed and there’s nothing I can do. I tell them about the good things I’ve done, but they tell me that it isn’t enough, that I’ve done enough bad to outweigh the good.

I end up trying to run, trying to run from death and elimination, but I can’t. I end up in a coffin awaiting my end.

Then I woke up in a sweat, remembering a.) I’m alive and b.) I got in the program.

What does this mean? Any help at all is appreciated.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

You are a non-believer in your subconsciousness.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I sure hope that's not it, because I am.

Surely someone else can shed light upon this...
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

you are worried, or have been worried

is good, I think

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Devil's playing games. You're forgiven right? Or is Jesus not a perfect sacrifice. See...that's the lie in your dream...that it's even possible that you are not saved.

Here's a trick. Before you go to sleep ask God to be with you in your dreams when you are asleep but God is awake. Ask in Jesus name and it will be done for you, and dude...relax.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

or perhaps you are meant to be a prophet of the end times..?

Jon Miller
            (not joking)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

There are a lot of sexual connotations in your dream. Just look at those teacher phantasies etc....
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                There are a lot of sexual connotations in your dream. Just look at those teacher phantasies etc....
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Dr Freud says:

"You are projecting. What you really want to do is **** your teacher out of existence."
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: Poly Psychoanalysts and Spiritualists unite: Help me understand my dream!

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                    I need some guidance. Only because, frankly, this dream freaked me out more than any I’ve ever had.

To give some background: I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ as savior. However, my beliefs are not literal to the Bible, which most Christians would find uneasy at best. In fact, this past Sunday I became the banqueter (I work at a banquet hall) to oversee setting up evening church for this fundamentalist group…they asked me, when I introduced myself, if I was a Christian. I could tell them yes, but far less strict then they – of course, they gave me a weird look. Also, I am a BFA Acting Major, and I am entering the studio next year, thanks to a successful re-audition.

So here’s the dream:

I am with a teacher of mine (from a few years back, not in college). We are having a discussion on my acting (in fact, I saw her IRL last week, and she told me to have tea with her to catch up at some point.) During our discussion she reveals to me some pertinent information:

Not only have I not been accepted in to the BFA program, but…I have also not been accepted into Heaven.

This catches me off-guard, until I am told that I am dying. When I die, my soul will not, like many others, be brought into Heaven, but instead terminated for eternity. I am, in essence, to be faded out of existence.

First, I ask her which religion was correct. She tells me that many can be, but for the most part you must be Jewish (of course…IRL she IS Jewish.)

So I am very frightened during the dream. Not only do I not enter the acting program that will send me off on a good career, but when I die I will not be anything to anyone. I’m told that there is no Hell, only Heaven and elimination. I turn to others (who IRL are in the program with me) and they say that they’ve been accepted, but since they’re atheist they won’t make it to Heaven either, which doesn’t seem to bother them.

Through the dream I’m trying to figure out what I can do to get into Heaven. I’m told that time has already passed and there’s nothing I can do. I tell them about the good things I’ve done, but they tell me that it isn’t enough, that I’ve done enough bad to outweigh the good.

I end up trying to run, trying to run from death and elimination, but I can’t. I end up in a coffin awaiting my end.

Then I woke up in a sweat, remembering a.) I’m alive and b.) I got in the program.

What does this mean? Any help at all is appreciated.

It sounds to me like you're trying to find your place in life.

You don't feel at home with the fundamentalists, as your view differs from them.

You also think don't feel at home with some new aspect of your BFA role, but that's just because it's new.

I think you're just trying to deal with new things in your life and how you fit into them. This is normal.

Pay attention to see if your dream involves going up or down stairs, up or down a hill, or involves different levels of a home or building.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What other major thing is going on in your life ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        What other major thing is going on in your life ?
                        A girl. Duh

Comment

I subscribe to the belief of Freud, that we are all of the characters in our dreams.

Oh, and there's no chance I want to **** said teacher. There are teachers in acting I've had who I've wanted to ****, and she's COMPLETELY at the opposite end of the spectrum. Like, she's older and fat. She's just one of the two I've had who actually gave me confidence and guidance.

I do respect her wisdom in things pertaining to acting. She isn't, however, any sort of spiritual guide I'd call upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            or perhaps you are meant to be a prophet of the end times..?

Jon Miller
                            (not joking)
                            Well, for some reason, I chose 21 Grams as the movie to watch tonight...there are a whole lot of Jesus symbols in it...

Comment

Emp, don't listen to these guys, they're all interpretting your dream based on their own values.

Clearly your dream is about your undying admiration of me. I must say, I'm a little flattered.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X