No announcement yet.

For Whom the Road Tolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe anyone in poly would go to so much trouble and wouldn't talk about himself

Comment

My constitution threads are much worse!
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yes... yes they are

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          Is this the Whaleboy version of a drunk thread?
          I should think it's blatently obvious to anyone that what I wrote is an example of what happens when I give up alcohol. I'm like Bender. Except more gay.
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I still really don't understand how your argument leads to your point (if your point is indeed "politics is bunk")
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Capitalism leads to environmental catastrophe and the end of the human race, rather in the manner of bacteria in a petri dish.

Communism leads to a thoroughly miserable time for everyone, making option one sound preferable.

Tomorrow, I'm going to have a three hour lay-in.

It's a no-brainer really
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                Are you trying to beat Pekka in post length, Whaleboy?
                yes, but frankly, pekka's post are amusing \ interesting...

this i still haven't got guts to read

Comment

Worry not my objectionable friend, I wasn't drunk so it's not serious.

Comment

Re: For Whom the Road Tolls

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                    A plaigerised title, politics, and what I think about stuff.

Did you plagiarise it from Ernest Hemingway or John Donne?

No man is an island,
                    Entire of itself.
                    Each is a piece of the continent,
                    A part of the main.
                    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
                    Europe is the less.
                    As well as if a promontory were.
                    As well as if a manner of thine own
                    Or of thine friend's were.
                    Each man's death diminishes me,
                    For I am involved in mankind.
                    Therefore, send not to know
                    For whom the bell tolls,
                    It tolls for thee.

- John Donne, a sermon
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I have seen the titled used elsewhere. The Register perhaps? Can't quite recall now.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Spiffor
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think the title was used quite a lot in articles a few years ago about the introduction of road tolls, mine not among them.

Comment

Re: For Whom the Road Tolls

Originally posted by Whaleboy

One issue in this humble universe that will, on past experience, never be resolved, is the debate between those who want more tax and more public spending; generally regarded as the benevolent Robin Hoods of this world, and those who want less tax and more free enterprise; thought the evil, selfish pigs, far too exposed to the cold hard reality of private education and competent literacy for the tastes of the common man. Battles raging and ranging from the great and effervescent conversations through the cubicles in the gents of Northampton Borough Council’s central offices to mindlessly bloody revolutions that provide hours of late night drug-assisted entertainment on the History Channel, have all been fought over this simple issue yet throughout the continual trough of human existence, no better example of this critically asinine debate can be found than on the lethal streets of pre-millennial London. The recent millennium that is, not the old one where the lethality would politely introduce itself to your cerebrum in the shape of a Saxon battle axe, lethal instead in the 1990’s to asthmatics because of the barrage of pollutants stimulating the release of histamines with millions of biological equivalents of an enormously deadly weapon (say, a Saxon battle axe).
                            That's just three sentences. Is this a tribute to James Joyce, or something?
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                            X