War of the worlds and Batman begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bipolarbear

What about the Narnia Chronicles? Anybody care about those?
    After seeing the preview, I have to say no. Its for kiddies. And the CGI lion sucks.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

whereas Spielberg directed War of Worlds...

.... once again.... I will suspend my confidence...

Comment

That batmobile looks ****ing awesome.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

I agree this new Batmobile looks pretty neat. No souped-up 'Vette here.

I have pretty high hopes about this new Batman franchise. I think Bale will make the best Batman yet (with all due respect to Adam West ). There are already 2 sequels planned: Batman 2 will deal with the Joker, and Batman 3 will deal with the Joker's trial, and Harvey Dent's transformation into Two-Face. And, in a truly inspired move, the preferred actor to play the Joker is....
          Crispin Glover. Radical!

Comment

That Batmobile looks like it belongs in the new Rambo movie, not Batman.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Batman Begins has just gotten 2 thumbs up from Ebert and Roeper.

You guys might not care about their reviews, but they are usually pretty good. I agree with Roger Ebert alot on movies. Roeper, not so much.

Ebert didn't like the first 4 batman films, and neither did I. Even the first one wasn't that great.

But this one is supposed to be darker (you all know I love that). And it has a real story, not just stupid villains. I may see this in the theatres. I'll wait and see on War of the Worlds. I think I'd prefer the original- it was way ahead of its time.

Comment

I'll wait and see on War of the Worlds. I think I'd prefer the original- it was way ahead of its time.

My thoughts exactly
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

I didn't hear any of the songs in the War of the Worlds trailer.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Two thumbs up from Ebert may not necessarily mean a whole lot, in the same way that he himself says the rating system on his site is basically bunk. I do look forward to reading Ebert's review, however. Typically, I give his reviews a great deal of credit when considering where to invest my bucks.
                    Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X