Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would your vote be for the european constitution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were European I would have voted no. A Constitution is something that it is important to get right the first time and this Constitution was bad.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Re: What would your vote be for the european constitution?

Originally posted by CyberShy
      Well, what would your vote be?
      if I had to live under it no, otherwise yes

Comment

Do we even have Italian posters here?

"NO"
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd vote YES
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I voted banana 'pro' because anything that comes between euros and killing each other, and us, is a good thing for the US.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

If you guys are concerned with whether or not the EU constitution favors your particular political leaning, why not include a mechanism of amending it?

BTW, for those who dote on how smoothly the nascent US of A adopted it's constitution, remember that the US actually had an entirely different constitution initially, but was forced to scrap it after only a few years. Perhaps the EU could adopt a "trial constitution" one requiring re-ratification after 5 to 10 years. Of course, that allows particularily willful nationalities to hold the entire body politic hostage by threatening to sabotage the ratification process, a state not unlike the current predicament. Let's face it, you're just not ready for it. You don't have sufficient unity.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Yeah, If we started killing each other, y'all have to come over again. It's tradition.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

alva, that's right. However you euros wouldn't owe us any thanks as we would be doing it for ourselves.

At this point however, the Germans can have Fwance, we be down with that.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    Yeah, If we started killing each other, y'all have to come over again. It's tradition.
                    We need Topol to come by and sing a rousing version of "Tradition".
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                      Whatever result keeps the Euros economically and geopolitically weaker.
                      There's no need to worry then, we are perfectly capable to remain weak without outside help.
                      Blah

Comment

Turkey - yes
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

After watching the ambassador of the EU on the Newshour tonight I now see why Brussels is so hated. He was there presumably to simply waste the time of the interviewer while ensuring that no one with a contradicting viewpoint got to be interviewed instead. A doublespeak filibuster. If he's the sort who regularly comes out of Brussels then I think that not only a no vote is in order, but perhaps a complete rethinking of the current treaties as well.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                            Whatever result keeps the Euros economically and geopolitically weaker.
                            Don't worry. You're going to get your wish no matter what they decide to do.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

no to this, no to the euro.

not that we'll ever get a vote on it over here :/
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

No

Comment

Working...
                                X