Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would your vote be for the european constitution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would your vote be for the european constitution?

Well, what would your vote be?
    I'm dutch: yes / pro
    8.33%
    I'm dutch: no / against
    4.17%
    I'm dutch: blank
    2.08%
    I'm german: yes / pro
    4.17%
    I'm german: no / against
    4.17%
    I'm german: blank
    0.00%
    I'm french: yes / pro
    0.00%
    I'm french: no / against
    0.00%
    I'm french: blank
    0.00%
    I'm spanish: yes / pro
    0.00%
    I'm spanish: no / against
    0.00%
    I'm spanish: blank
    0.00%
    I'm britisch: yes / pro
    2.08%
    I'm britisch: no / against
    10.42%
    I'm britisch: blank
    0.00%
    I'm italian: yes / pro
    0.00%
    I'm italian: no / against
    0.00%
    I'm italian: blank
    0.00%
    Other country: yes / pro
    18.75%
    Other country: no / against
    18.75%
    Other country: blank
    2.08%
    I'm not from europe / banana 1 / any other wannabe cool answer: yes / pro
    6.25%
    I'm not from europe / banana 2 / any other wannabe cool answer: no / against
    14.58%
    I'm not from europe / banana 3 / any other wannabe cool answer: blank
    4.17%
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Either "Yes" or "Blank". Yes because I don't like the current Nice stuff, and because I think the con is an improvement in some aspects compared to Nice. Blank because I think some criticism is valid (but not everything sold as criticism is).
    Blah

Comment

We're voting on it this September, and it'll be the 6th national referendum on EU in which I'm voting. (Previous referenda were in 1972 (I was too young then), 1986, 92, 93, 98 and 2000)

For the first time in those 6 referenda, I'll be voting NO - despite my party's pro-constitution stance.

I'm opposed to the idea of a joint constitution, and I believe the EU has already reached a sufficient stage of political integration between member states without the constitution treaty.

I'm also increasingly wary of the cultural elitists' declared agenda of trying to mold the EU into something it was never intended to be, namely an opposing political entity towards the USA. An agenda which is often boasted, more or less openly, in favour of the constitution treaty in the domestic debate. I'm not having any of that.

Comment

While I know this treaty isn´t perfect I´m voting yes. Because I really don´t see an alternative. A real " US style constitution" couldn´t work properly without totally giving up your own national constitution. That just isn´t possible in Europe, the Brits know it, the French know it and the Dutch with our "grondwet" know it too. We´ll have to take it and work from there.

To others this comprise may be a bunch of diplomatic legalese with some claptrap but i also see people.

*Just edited some bizarre freudian slip of the keyboard
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

other country - no
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I'm against the EU in general. I think it's a bad idea and will not succeed. So, sure, a constitution sounds great! Only leads to your eventual demise

Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
              other country
              I disagree.

But then the last six poll options really don't make much sense... the distinction should be EU countries, not European countries

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

I believe the EU has already reached a sufficient stage of political integration between member states without the constitution treaty.

The EU has become one nation already? I missed the news.
                In all my life, I've never heard anyone being in favour of that.

Comment

currently - no, after modifications - yes.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Yes, to sabotage you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      currently - no, after modifications - yes.
                      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Whatever result keeps the Euros economically and geopolitically weaker.
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

MtG
                          B♭3

Comment

I would have voted NO*, but after hearing the French ***** and moan about how the whole constitution is an Anglo-Saxon plot to subjugate Europe to free market liberal policies I swung over to the YES camp.

*The whole thing is just too verbose and should be a simple framework.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

No or blank. I like the idea of a constitution, but this one is BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X