Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Poly Scrappers I Have a Question for You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Poly Scrappers I Have a Question for You!

How effective do you think a keychain blade would be in a fight. For example, those little box cutters they make for keychains. Do you suppose I would be better off with my hands alone?

This question assumes that I am put in a position where I cannot run, because if I have a choice between fight or flight I'd ****ing run!

you live in the states, cant you just carry a grenade launcher with you or something?
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Unless your Steven Segal, probably not too effective.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

your neighborhood isn't that rough is it?

they are a concealed weapon (though shorter than 3 inches). It is possible to face legal trouble for using it. As it's still an assault with a deadly weapon.

You seem to get in a lot of fights and confrontations. Must be all that eye contact. . Just walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          your neighborhood isn't that rough is it?

they are a concealed weapon (though shorter than 3 inches). It is possible to face legal trouble for using it. As it's still an assault with a deadly weapon.

You seem to get in a lot of fights and confrontations. Must be all that eye contact. . Just walk away.
          No, my neighborhood isnt that rough, but its better to be safe than sorry.

Its not like I would actively seek out people to cut up, it would be for self defence.

Ive not been in a fight since grade school sir. I do a fine job of walking away most of the times. The simple fact is that I walk a lot around here. One day something will happen, its just a matter of when.

you live in the states, cant you just carry a grenade launcher with you or something?

I could carry a rifle or shotgun strapped on my back. In a few months I can openly carry a handgun. I was looking for something that wouldnt scare people so much.

Comment

you do meet a lot of weirdos when walking. But walked around when I was younger.

Generally ignoring them works best. Just don't be an ******* about ignoring them. Just say you don't have any change and move on. Where I live lots of people ask you for money. They aren't bums either. They all give you this sob story about their car breaking down and needing money for the bus.

Comment

In Albuquerque you will come up against a lot of vatos who practice Mexican Judo, so just prepare for that.

So you know Mexican Judo is like this;

"Judon't know if I got a gun... judon't know if I got a knife... Judon't know nothing."
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                In Albuquerque you will come up against a lot of vatos who practice Mexican Judo, so just prepare for that.

So you know Mexican Judo is like this;

"Judon't know if I got a gun... judon't know if I got a knife... Judon't know nothing."

Comment

No not effective. You have to be a really good fighter to make the difference with that in _real_ fight. In push and shove match, sure, in real rumble, better just forget it.

Also, if you are going to bring small 'blade', better accept that the opponent might then grab something bigger and use that.

If you are going to use that in a fight, you have to use it as a surprise weapon, concealing it first, making the first move by moving in fast and stabbing your opponent in the stomach fast as many times as you can and flee.

I just can't see any realistic use for it, sorry.

Basically, if you carry a knife, carry a good one then. That's like carrying a replica that doesn't even look too real. Might be more dangerous to you in the end.

Only way to use it is conceal it and surprise in flurry.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

If you are going to use that in a fight, you have to use it as a surprise weapon, concealing it first, making the first move by moving in fast and stabbing your opponent in the stomach fast as many times as you can and flee.

I have a lanyard that I carry in my hand while I walk to work already. I wrap the lanyard around my hand and keep the keys palmed. I figured I could keep a small kinfe in my palm instead of the keys it would make a more effective weapon, because then I could slash, stab, or choke instead of just choking.

Comment

Jesus, dude. You need to chill out. You're not in Albert Speer's neighborhood, are you?
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The polar bears must be getting uppity!

Comment

Albert Speer is wannabe tough...
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                            Jesus, dude. You need to chill out. You're not in Albert Speer's neighborhood, are you?
                            No. As I already said, its just in case. I came from a small town where when people got into fights it was with thier fists. When people get into fights here its with weapons. I dont want to be caught off gaurd. I also already said I would prefer running to fighting, but if it came to it I want to be able to defend myself.

I dont have time or money for martial arts lessons, so I have to turn to weapons.

Comment

Most of the fights around there are most likely gang related, and if you ain't in a gain or dating one of the gang members sister, mom, cousin, aunt, daughter, etc. you're fine.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X