"Deep Throat" reveals himself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Deep Throat" reveals himself

W. Mark Felt, who retired from the FBI after rising to its second most senior position, has identified himself as the "Deep Throat" source quoted by The Washington Post to break the Watergate scandal that led to President Nixon's resignation, Vanity Fair magazine said Tuesday.

"I'm the guy they used to call Deep Throat," he told John D. O'Connor, the author of Vanity Fair's exclusive that appears in its July issue.

Felt, now 91 and living in Santa Rosa, Calif. reportedly gave O'Connor permission to disclose his identity.

"The Felt family cooperated fully, providing old photographs for the story and agreeing to sit for portraits," Vanity Fair stated in a press release.

Felt said he was "only doing his duty" and did not seek to bring down Nixon over the cover-up of a break-in at Democratic Party offices in the Watergate complex in Washington, D.C.

Carl Bernstein, who with Bob Woodward broke the story as Washington Post reporters, issued a statement neither denying nor confirming Felt's claim. Bernstein stated he and Woodward would be keeping their pledge to reveal the source only once that person dies.

NBC News commentator Chris Matthews, who wrote a book about Watergate, said he wasn't surprised, adding that Felt "has always been the leading suspect."
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Too Bad

Al Haig would have been much funnier
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Al Haig would have been much funnier
      Or some chick
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Berstein and Woodward are not confirming??????
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Bernstein says he will confirm when the actual deep throat dies.

This guy is 91.

We should not have long to wait if it is true.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Amazing news, if true.

It is reported here that Mark Felt told his son that being Deep Throat was nothing to be proud of. 'One shouldn't disclose information to anybody', he reportedly said.

Comment

I was just talking about this with one of my friends.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I was just talking about this with one of my friends
                Says the Poly poster boy for gay rights in a thread about Deep Throat...
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Vanity Fair?????????
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yes, Vanity Fair. The subject matter of the magazine is rather unique, so a puff piece of Angelina Jolie one week and Deep Throat the next week is par for the course. Somehow it all fits together.

By the way, Angelina Jolie really is a beautiful woman.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

before or after photoshop?
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Both.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

By the way, Angelina Jolie really is a beautiful woman.

Maybe so, but IIRC it was Linda Lovelace who played in Deep Throat?
                          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                          And notifying the next of kin
                          Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Says the Poly poster boy for gay rights in a thread about Deep Throat...

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Bob Woodward has confirmed.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X