No announcement yet.

Stressssssss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, not alone... She's stressed out too. We work in the same place and it was a very busy evening.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Theben! blah!

Comment

Yeah, I love you too, ya freak.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

So did whatshisname PM you?
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Slaughtermeyer?

Comment

Remember, when you work so you can have money to buy booze and drinks means you're young.

When you have to buy booze and drinks because you are working, that's when you're an alcoholic
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Very wise Pekka, but also totally unacceptable.

Comment

well it's not of course always true. But there's a point in it.. like.. if you do it everyday, and on top of that get wasted like every weekened, then if you continue doing that for few year or 10, you might be drinking more than average American.

It's how 'recreational' drug users move into full time druggies. They first go to clubs and take uppers and all kinds of recreational drugs, party drugs, for the clubs. They have fun. They are not yet doing so much harmful stuff, but then they get addicted in a way that without the boosters, it wouldn't be so fun anymore, in fact it would be boring or even sad. So that's when they ante up, but that's also when they start trying some on a week day.. just for fun, a boring night going on, nothing to do.. and then you start using weekdays too, and sooner than you know, you're full time druggie, using drugs most days of the week, meaning it's now controlling you more than you are controlling them. And that's when the problem just became a rela problem.

With alcohol itr's a bit different though. My dad must have taken two brewskies every day of his life after job when he gets home. But he is definitely not alcoholic, he's like the opposite. I've never even seen him drunk.

So there.

In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

**** this:

Quantum effects cause the incoming three-dimensional world to ripple along the extra-dimension prior to collision so that the collision occurs in some places at slightly different times than others. By the time the collision is complete, the rippling leads to small variations in temperature, which seed temperature fluctuations in the microwave background and the formation of galaxies. We have shown that the spectrum of energy density fluctuations is scale-invariant (the same amplitude on all scales). The production of a scale-invariant spectrum from hyper-expansion was one of the great triumphs of inflationary theory, and here we have repeated the feat using completely different physics.

I know it's worded for dummies, and I'm a bit distressed that it's not sinking in. I guess I'm tired.

Comment

Oh ok, I got it now.

Pekka, your dad sounds like a cool guy.

Comment

yeah he is.

how could you get it if I didn't say anything though? there's no rule to alcoholism, and taking a drink or two, or glass of wine after work is definitely not alcoholism . I was mostly kidding. One is alcoholic when it affects his working life and social situations. Meaning they can't stay sober to go to work, so they go little drunk instead etc. When they need to take leaves because they are drunk. When everyone says 'why do you drink so much' in family. That's when oyu might have a problem, but not before .
                        In da butt.

Comment

do you get tips Lancer?
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Ha! You think you've got stress? Ha!
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              If it was communism those people wouldn't have had any money to lose in the first place so I wouldn't have all this stress or in fact have to work at all blah
                              And they wouldn't have cars either. Plus, they'd be used to waiting in long lines.

Comment

if they get pissed at you, just tell them you are a native american, and they have no right to be pissed at you since they took all your land.

Comment

Working...
                                X