Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I was walking to work the other day when a man approached me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• None of you Silver Spoon Reactionaries have shown anything historical other than your own [inflated] opinions and unproven theories
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Smith
      The Card and Krueger study has been discredited. Card and Krueger asked managers what they thought would happen to hours woprked if the minimum wage was raised. A subsequent study (by Murphy and Welsch IIRC) looked at the actual time cards in the same establishments and and found the same empirical results that all the previous studies did ... a ten percent rise in the minimum wage (after adjusting for inflation) reduces employment by about three percent.
      Did the study look at jobs created in other businesses? If workers have more money to spend then that would create jobs.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
        None of you Silver Spoon Reactionaries have shown anything historical other than your own [inflated] opinions and unproven theories
        A lefty talking about unproven theories? go look at che, who's regularly spouting the crap you were posting on the previous page.

Comment

By the way, during the minimum wage freeze, purchasing power for minimum wage earners went down, while inflation kept going up. Kinda defeats your whole theory.
          You're the one who said

Inflation is caused by many factors.

By the way you never answered my question, is the minimum wage good or bad?
          Depends on the minimum wage...

Comment

• Housing costs in CA have clearly driven Ted and others insane.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Heres a little breakdown for Ted:

Apolyton Coffee Shop
              Owned by Mark and Dan, who split the profits evenly.
              Maganed by Ming, MtG, Rah and UR, who all make $10/hr working fulltime (8 hrs a day).
              Operated by 30 Apolytoners, each making $5/hr (also working fulltime).

Minimun wage goes up to $7/hr.

Cost to run the Coffee Shop raised $480 a day.

That means that profit is now down $480 a day.

Now for increased spending, lets say that the employees now spend 50% of their increased wages at the coffeshop (I know that they wouldn't, but I put it there to represent the increased spending from those chumps who work for minimum wage over at the Eventis Doughnut House) It now means that Mark and Dan are now making $120 less every day.

This is your redistribution of wealth. However, it doesn't stop there.

Mark: Hey Dan, I'm making less money!
              Dan: Me too! This sucks!
              Mark: I know what to do! Lets raise prices so we are making the same amount of money as we were!

So now your $7/hr buys you the same as it used to buy at $5/hr, only now your individual dollar is worth less.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

You're the one who said

Inflation is caused by many factors.

Depends on the minimum wage...
                Yep, and you still have NEVER proven that increasing the wage directly causes inflation. And even if it did (which you haven't proven) there are other factors (among many) that drive it up more significantly that we should worry about.

I showed you a historical timeline where the wage was frozen, and inflation still went up anyway.

You have nothing other than hypothosis.

But why should you care what poor people do for a living?

I wonder what increasing the minimum wage would do to the price of bathroom fixtures?
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
                  Heres a little breakdown for Ted:

Apolyton Coffee Shop
                  Owned by Mark and Dan, who split the profits evenly.
                  Maganed by Ming, MtG, Rah and UR, who all make $10/hr working fulltime (8 hrs a day).
                  Operated by 30 Apolytoners, each making $5/hr (also working fulltime).

Minimun wage goes up to $7/hr.

Cost to run the Coffee Shop raised $480 a day.

That means that profit is now down $480 a day.

Now for increased spending, lets say that the employees now spend 50% of their increased wages at the coffeshop (I know that they wouldn't, but I put it there to represent the increased spending from those chumps who work for minimum wage over at the Eventis Doughnut House) It now means that Mark and Dan are now making $120 less every day.

This is your redistribution of wealth. However, it doesn't stop there.

Mark: Hey Dan, I'm making less money!
                  Dan: Me too! This sucks!
                  Mark: I know what to do! Lets raise prices so we are making the same amount of money as we were!

So now your $7/hr buys you the same as it used to buy at $5/hr, only now your individual dollar is worth less.
                  Hypothesis

Comment

• Yep, and you still have NEVER proven that increasing the wage directly causes inflation.

To which I respond once more:

You're right, I never did prove it, assuming you don't actually read my whole string of posts on the previous page.

Comment

Hypothesis
                      So what do you think would happen differently, Ted?

Comment

So what do you think would happen differently, Ted?
                        I already SHOWED you what happened.

Go back a few pages and read the graph. Purchasing power deteriorated over the years the wage was frozen.

Comment

Yep, and you still have NEVER proven that increasing the wage directly causes inflation.

To which I respond once more:

You're right, I never did prove it, assuming you don't actually read my whole string of posts on the previous page.
                          I did read your posts and all they were were a bunch of hypotheticals.

Comment

• Which has nothing to do with his example.

Ted, give it up. This is rapidly becoming more pathetic than the "Is it called Star Wars or Episode IV" debate.

Comment

• It has nothing to do with his example because it hasn't looked at a real life situation.

Comment

• Here is historical data:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X