Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I was walking to work the other day when a man approached me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    I could care less what Kuciwalker posts about.
    Which is why you bothered to keep replying to me, right?

Does the thread revolve around Kuciwalker? No, it does not. Your post is some sideshow that is a minor detail in what I wanted to talk about.

When you're replying to my posts, the actual content of my posts is slightly relevent...

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      Now, you tell me why it is a good idea to have poor people have less purchasing power?
      Now, who's the strawman? Did I ever say it was a bad thing? At wort, I said, it causes inflation and results in no net effect.

Comment

Slightly relevent, but not very important.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Obviously not to people for whom a simple or is a real substantive argument...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Now, who's the strawman? Did I ever say it was a bad thing? At wort, I said, it causes inflation and results in no net effect.
            Man up, dude, you think it's a bad idea.

Or I guess all those posts about it being "a meaningless computer bit," were unopinionated.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Obviously not to people for whom a simple or is a real substantive argument...

Comment

Oh man... Ted got PWNED!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You let little kids fight for you Siddiqui?

Maybe YOU will be man enough to tell me why you think it's a great idea that poor people should have less purchasing power.

Comment

When they are PWNing you that badly, sure .

I see no need to break up the fun.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                      Man up, dude, you think it's a bad idea.

Or I guess all those posts about it being "a meaningless computer bit," were unopinionated.
                      Because of course the insistence that money has no inherent value means that I think raising the minimum wage is necessarily bad

Comment

• Nice sidestep though.

You said all it does is raise inflation. (Which you never proved, by they way).

Inflation is caused by many factors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          Nice sidestep though.
                          Cute, from the person who lost and then pretended he wasn't even arguing about it in the first place.

You said all it does is raise inflation. (Which you never proved, by they way).
                          You're right, I never did prove it, assuming you don't actually read my whole string of posts on the previous page.

Inflation is caused by many factors.
                          And this is one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

You're right, I never did prove it, assuming you don't actually read my whole string of posts on the previous page.

And this is one of them.
                            Keep shuffling and prove it.

By the way, during the minimum wage freeze, purchasing power for minimum wage earners went down, while inflation kept going up. Kinda defeats your whole theory.

So, prices kept going up, and products kept becoming more and more expensive for these people to buy.

Any inflationary effects that a minimum wage might have are just a drop in the hat compared with the overall economic situation.

By the way you never answered my question, is the minimum wage good or bad?

Comment

• If the minimum wage's intrusive impact becomes too high , then I'd say that corporations should mechanize and get rid of humans in the lower skill areas . Machines don't demand minimum wages . No fuss , no mess .

Comment

• Man, the real Ted Striker would never have gotten punked like that. Pinko Striker...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X