Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So your king of America.... how do you fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Appoint Colin Powell as Sec. of Defense. If he will not take the job, I ask him to find someone he thinks would do a good job.

a) A special committee as appointed by Powell takes charge of the mess in Iraq and forms an exit strategy.

2) Appoint President Clinton as Sec. of State. If he will not do the job, he will help me find someone that does

3) Cooperation, not confrontation, is the theme of diplomacy. No more stupid "Outposts of Tyranny" crap.

4) Raise the minimum wage

5) Roll back future tax cuts for the rich

6) Massive investment into alternative fuels with hard compliance dates

7) Massive investment into private space companies

8) Massive investment into intermodal air vehicles (Skycar) and the Sky Highway

9) Private fundraising for public officials is abolished. Everyone gets the same amount of money from a public fund to campaign for office with.

10) Stem cell research laws are relaxed. Day after contraception pills are made publicly available.

11) Take another attempt at forming a universal healthcare.

12) Fast food is added to the list of vice products/sin taxes

13) Public schools are held accountable for the nutritional content of their meals. Minimum nutrionatl standards are established.

14) Guns are completley eliminated from the civilian population.

15) Relax immigration rules for (female) Turkish nationals
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted's federal policy: I'd hit it.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

North and South Dakota become DAKOTA

West Virginia becomes part of Virginia
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
          Ted's federal policy: I'd hit it.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
            North and South Dakota become DAKOTA

West Virginia becomes part of Virginia
            that would screw up our flags.

Comment

We'll make a few stars bigger than the rest. Or better yet, we'll make one big star on the US flag.
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                "The attack on Afghanistan was based on nothing but a pack of lies."

The incompetence displayed there since is more than enough to hang those responsible. They deliberately held resources back for Iraq, when they had a slim chance of fixing Afghanistan. Remember: the whole world was willing to help on that one.
                Nice troll. The campaign in Afghanistan has gone remarkably well and has few if any of the qualities that you like to complain about in Iraq. We went in light and fast, used a minimal amount of firepower and caused a minimal number of casualties, we went in with a lot of international support and with our NATO and other treaty allies, we worked closely with groups within the country, and we set up a democratic form of government which has a chance of surviving after we have gone. Compared to the Russians, the British or the Macedonians we've done very well.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Vote for Ted!!!!

Especially #15
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

I would return it to the store and ask for a new king of america.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

1. Make this guy my heir.

2. Abdicate.

Comment

And to Ted's points, I would add:

- Add to the Constitution that the founding principles of the US are among the greatest in the world, therefore the US foreign policy should be based on the concept of leading by example.

- Add to the Constitution that the U.S. foreign policy must meet the standard set out by the constitution (e.g right to a fair trial, no cruel and unusual punishment, etc.)

- Eliminate the rich's person club called the Senate which serves no purpose (second sober thought, yeah right) and gives too much powers to states with small populations.

- The president should be elected by a straight forward, majority of votes.

- All government organizations should have a founding principle that their goal is to create sustainable economic growth and that free markets are not a goal, but merely a means of achieving the goal of reducing poverty and achieving sustainable growth.

- All legislative bills must be confined to a specific topic so that if a bill is about funding a war in Iraq, it cannot include legislation about ID cards, funding for chicken farms, etc.

- Create a judicial committee of 10 judges with experience who will be in charge of picking federal judges with the committee members appointed by the president, approved by the Senate. This way there will be political fights on only the 10 committee members rather than dozens of judges as happens under the current system.

- Add a gradually increasing tax on gasoline with all revenues going to subsidy tax breaks for fuel efficient cars (eg cars that get less than 45 mpg)

- Tax all vehicles that get less than 20 mpg

- All electoral districts must be based on simple straight lines with a maximum of eight lines per border.

- Eliminate all subsidies to businesses.

- Eliminate all tarriffs and other trade barriers. The U.S. economy has the greatest potential strength in the world, there is no need to protect any American industry,
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                          - Eliminate the rich's person club called the Senate which serves no purpose (second sober thought, yeah right) and gives too much powers to states with small populations.
                          You want to eliminate the only SANE portion of the US government (aside from the Supreme Court)? The Senate is where the grown-ups are, in contrast to the House and the executive branch (no matter what party rules).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

1. Make the Senate based on proprtional representation with elections occuring every 4 years.

2. Have runoff elections

3. Abolish the Electoral College

4. Make the beauacracy and cabinet subservient to Congress via a Prime Minister, who is also the majority leader of the Senate. The President, however, retains the rest of his powers, such as the veto, nominating judges, being Comander-in-chief and chief diplomat, etc.

5. Federal Judges, including Supreme Court justices, can serve a maximum of 15 years, or to the age of 75, whatever is shorter.

6. Tax incentives and subsidies for starting businesses as co-ops instead of corporations beholden to shareholders People working for co-ops get a tax deduction.

7. Elimination of subsidies to agribusinesses

8. Eliminate the tax deductions that are used as pork for special intrests, keep only the ones that serve a useful purpose.

9. All budgets must be balanced if the country is not is a war, recession, or depression, or is in the process of implementing a major, expensive program (is this a practical way to prevent pork?)

10.Increase the Intellegence budget. Use the CIA to encourage liberation movements in various countries instead of invading them.

11. Cut the Defense budget; invest in a smaller, but more highly trained millitary better designed for urban conflicts and peacekeeping.

12. Implement a nationalized healthcare system

13. Pay for at least 70% of the tuition of all college students, 100% for students from poor families.

14. Increase federal grant money to state education systems. Repeal No Child Left Behind, instead we should encourage teachers and principals to create the curiculum, not politicians. Increase investment in science teaching massively to counteract Creationists and other anti-intelectuals. Have teacher's pay based on merit, not seniority, also have them paid better, better pay brings in better people.

15. Fund Stem Cell Research

16. increase NASA's budget to 5 times current level. Start Mars program.

17. raise Taxes on rich (small businesses exempted, so the consrvatives can't BS about that).

18. Increase the minimum wage to $9.00 to large businesses, $7.50 for small businesses, and $6.00 for people under 18

19. enact stricter regulations on businesses.

20. bring back capital gains taxes.

21. Have stricter enviromental regulations.

22. encourage clean energy and fund a program to harness nuclear fusion for energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                              1) Appoint Colin Powell as Sec. of Defense. If he will not take the job, I ask him to find someone he thinks would do a good job.

a) A special committee as appointed by Powell takes charge of the mess in Iraq and forms an exit strategy.

2) Appoint President Clinton as Sec. of State. If he will not do the job, he will help me find someone that does

3) Cooperation, not confrontation, is the theme of diplomacy. No more stupid "Outposts of Tyranny" crap.

4) Raise the minimum wage

5) Roll back future tax cuts for the rich

6) Massive investment into alternative fuels with hard compliance dates

7) Massive investment into private space companies

8) Massive investment into intermodal air vehicles (Skycar) and the Sky Highway

9) Private fundraising for public officials is abolished. Everyone gets the same amount of money from a public fund to campaign for office with.

10) Stem cell research laws are relaxed. Day after contraception pills are made publicly available.

11) Take another attempt at forming a universal healthcare.

12) Fast food is added to the list of vice products/sin taxes

13) Public schools are held accountable for the nutritional content of their meals. Minimum nutrionatl standards are established.

14) Guns are completley eliminated from the civilian population.

15) Relax immigration rules for (female) Turkish nationals

EVERYTHING is great except for #14......

I don't even own a gun or have a liscence but I like my right to stockpile enough weapons to overthrow an oppresive goverment.

I also like my right to participate in a PEOPLES militia to defend my state from an oppresive foreign goverment or foreign power........

Comment

Stop stupid **** like this.

Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X