Which cult do you belong to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already hit it.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      Falun Gong, of course
      Always on, huh?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
        I'm part of my own cult. Whereas the Asher cult and its antithesis Agathon cult are blind to the glory of technology in all its forms, my cult is not.
        My cult is not blind to the glory of technology in all its forms, it's just more accurate in determining which technology deserves glory and which deserves condemnation.

Technology that can be used to rape small children, or similarly allow Apple to control media files in my collection, should be universally condemned, and not brushed aside by the followers of your cult which lack the spine to take any kind of serious position.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          Also, this poll should have been multi-choice.

Multiple choice is for people who can never make up their minds anyway.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Or for people in more than one cult.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
              The only reason why Starchild is leading now (aside of the banana cult) is because his option is on top and people are too darn too lazy to read further below. Therefore I demand a new poll with Ted Striker on top.

I would definitely NOT hit it!

I will pigeon-hole your request for future review.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                Or for people in more than one cult.

But that is just despicable. What ever happened to exclusive loyalty!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                  But that is just despicable. What ever happened to exclusive loyalty!?!?
                  That went out with fascism. The 21st century is all about believing in as many different and potentially contradictory things as possible.
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

That just makes things too chaotic -- we need to have ORDER.

Comment

A lot of my supermodels currently are women.
                      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I belong to the Cult of Jim:

James Reston wrote in The New York Times (July 7, 1957):

A health director . . . reported this week that a small mouse, which presumably had been watching television, attacked a little girl and her full-grown cat .... Both mouse and cat survived, and the incident is recorded here as a reminder that things seem to be changing.

cultofjim.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cultofjim.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                          A lot of my supermodels currently are women.

Comment

i am my own religion
                            Bunnies!
                            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                              i am my own religion

Yeah, your name clued us in.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

well as any good spritual leader i have to repeat myself to my congregation as many times as possible
                                Bunnies!
                                Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                                God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                                'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Working...
                                X