Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Great Spoiler Debate (with spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Ludd
    Spoilers should only be used to be annoying, or to mislead people.
    Spoiler:
    I agree.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

This thread is lacking in spoilers. Harry Potter Six possible spoiler:
      Spoiler:

Sufficient people in the town in Essex where HBP is being printed have placed bets on the character who is to die that the bookies have stopped accepting bets on it. Apparently there was a sudden upsurge in new registrants who only wanted to place the one (large) bet, and a leak is suspected. The character in question is *omg* Dumbledore!!
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        I think people who have something "spolied" by reading a plot line in an internet forum are weird.

I can know the whole plot to a movie, even before I go, and still enjoy the movie. The lack of "revelation" at the moment has never been a big loss for me.
        Actually, I agree.

Comment

The Sting
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

At the very least spoilers should be kept from the title of the post. I remember a couple of years back some genius here revealed the winner of Survivor in the title.

Otherwise common sense should prevail. If you see a thread about the new Star Wars film, chances are it will contain spoilers.
            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Spoiler:

I'd hit it.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think spoilers should run amok in devoted threads, and they should be hidden in unrelated threads.

However, when discussing games, it makes sense to use spoiler tags even in dedicated threads.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Spoilers should not have to be used in a discussion of a movie, song, book, video and etc. It should be assumed that if we are discussing the book we've all read it.

Although in a review, recommendation, critique that is encouraging/discouraging people to partake of said item spoilers should be used. It should be assumed that a review won't give away the plot points or the ending.
                  What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                  What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Actually, I agree.

Depends on the film- it's hardly going to spoil 'Portrait of a Lady' or 'The Grifters' or 'Salaam, Bombay', but might another film of a different kind- Titanic for instance.

I couldn't believe the ship sank..... not with Kate Winslet's massive water wings holding it up.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Oddly enough, I wasn't looking at her water wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                        At the very least spoilers should be kept from the title of the post. I remember a couple of years back some genius here revealed the winner of Survivor in the title.

Otherwise common sense should prevail. If you see a thread about the new Star Wars film, chances are it will contain spoilers.
                        I agree. In the title of threads, no spoilers should be revealed, unless you are discussing something which has been out for years (or something).

Otherwise, if it is a discussion about a specific show or released movie, I don't see the problem.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, I don't think we should say what Rosebud is in a thread-title.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Has anyone here never seen The Crying game?

Just wondering.....

Comment

What's that?

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                                Has anyone here never seen The Crying game?

Just wondering.....

It definitely has a trick in the .....tail. Or somewhere close.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X