No announcement yet.

Where did your ancestors come fom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half of my ancestors come from Podkarpacie region in Poland. The other half from Podole region, nowdays in Ukraine, over former Polish-Moldavian (Romanian, Turkish) boarder. But officially my grandpa has Armenian roots,
    and perhaps Jewish. My grandma doesn't have Polish/Ukrainian surname as well.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Feb 2002
      time: 18:21

New Post 24-05-2005 18:18 Click Here to See the Profile for Pekka Click here to Send Pekka a Private Message Find more posts by Pekka Add Pekka to your buddy list
      Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
      link Report this post to a moderator
      Enter the AD-FREE zone

Az, this way it's cool. You can make it up yourself. Let's say .. your father was a hardcore supercommando for the .. Hannibal, and he personally sliced a big wound to Alexander the Great. It was the Kalenputh Secret Society that erased this information, in order to glorify Alexander. But he was definitely hardcore and could throw knives like a superhero. He learned this trade from his dad, and it goes all the way back to ,,, human existence. All of them. Supercommandos.

etc. Is this a good one or would you like another history? We can make him famous writer, , musician, what ever.

I don't have to make that cool. That history I know.

One of my grandfathers was a soviet secret service agent, who left just before stalin's purges, and the other was a colonel in the Red army, and he fought in WWII. Their ancestry, I don't know. neither do I know the ancestry of my grandmothers.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

ok then. Sorry I asked damn it! Agent you say.. well that's pretty cool already in my book. Beats the knife throwers.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

My dad's family's been here since the early 1800s.

But from what I understand, I have some English in me...some Russian...some German...and some Dutch. :/
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My most immediate relation to a country other than America is Canada. My grandma -- who still speaks French almost exclusively -- hails from Québec as did my grandfather. My dad is slightly more eclectic. As best I can gather, that side of my family has been in country since at earliest the 1880s. They hailed from what is now the Czech Republic, and indeed my current last name is of Czech descent. There is also a chunk of Swedish, German, and allegedly Native American in me. In short, I am a mutt in the fullest and most exquisite sense of the word.
            Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

My paternal grandfather was a chicken thief.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Mostly German(includes some French of course), 1/8th Indian and Jewish respectively.

Comment

? jewish is a religion, not a nationality or ethnicity.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Funny, since I am both jewish and atheist.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Mostly German.
                      Some English.
                      A dab of Lokota and Cherokee.

(An all-American mutt )

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Don't forget the Slavs and Albanians and Vlachs and Gypsies.

che you really don't have a clue

Comment

yeah you people are bunch of freaks. No wonder no one likes you. Arrogant like the French, humourless like the Germans and fat like .. well that one you created on your own. You think it's alwasy the good things.. but we all know it's the bad things. FACT.

In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

people have complexes
                            But almost eveyone likes us, not that's obligatory or anything, it just happens.
                            It's just when we trhust our history at them they get all small penised and stuff

Comment

One thing that sucks with you Greeks. Do you know what it is? It's that you have some of the most unbelievably beautiful girls there, but when they hit 35 or so, they look the exact opposite. Why is that? Oh and ouzo SUSUUUUCKS!

But Theodorakis rules, and Tiesto ain't bad either. Excellent food, good beaches, lots of drunken stupid tourists. Nice sights. Hot. Good times!
                              In da butt.

Comment

I have traveled all over Europe but Finland is one country I havne't visited so I can't say.
                                The only finnish guy I ever met was gay so... I stop here. I reserve judgement untill I visit so I can say something nice too

Comment

Working...
                                X