Ramo in Deutschland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sie müssen Weißwurst in Bayern essen!

München I would rate as a definite must see. The Christkindlmarkt there is also exquisite, though, as mentioned above, it is not exactly the proper season. Enjoy the destruction of the wicked Polish knight on the Glochenspiel instead. The building that mounts the Glochenspiel is also pretty fancy, but I will let you be the judge of the Rathaus.

If you have plans to head south, Salzburg and Innsbruck were also great.

Edit: Although my internal map of Germany is fuzzy, I believe Würzburg is reasonably close to Trier. Although I personally have never been there, its associations with the Roman Emprie -- including a gate dating back to then -- and with Karl der Große make it an excellent historic city to visit.
    Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      Dude don't go to Berlin. It's OK, I mean it's cool but there's more cool things in Germany than Berlin. Berlin is mostly just.. a big factory.

Berlin is a lovely city, and it also has probably the best night life in all of Europe.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

That's true though! Berlin HAS night life.. Wawawii!

Lovely my ass, though.

In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Have a great time Ramo!
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
            Schloss Neuschwanstein

Drink Bier!!!!!!!
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

they have round trip TGV tickets for just over $100. what a deal. for a 3.5 - 4 hour
              trip.tickets
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Send me PM if you come to Berlin. BeBro is in Berlin too, but refuses all forms of social interaction

Comment

I just checked Amrak tickets from Fresno, CA to Philadelphi, PA. It's $2500 for two people (with sleeper of course)!
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                    Schloss Neuschwanstein
                    Mad Ludwig's castile!
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      I just checked Amrak tickets from Fresno, CA to Philadelphi, PA. It's $2500 for two people (with sleeper of course)!
                      Yeah, the government refuses to invest enough to make Amtrak affordable or convient. They've given it enough money to stay alive but not enough to invest in new tracks or bullet trains like the Japanese and Europeans have done. This is a case where you need a big capital investment in order to have a competitive finished product.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions and offers. I'll definitely get back to you, Ecthy & Spiff.

Incidentally, why's there no decent food here? The only things that I could find are these Turkish fast food joints that serve "döners" (somewhat similar to gyros). Nearly everyone goes to a huge cafeteria in the uni, and everyone seems to think that the food is great, despite being utterly atrocious (though the price is reasonable). I don't get it. Anyways, I need to sneak some cayenne into their salt shakers.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                          Anyways, I need to sneak some cayenne into their salt shakers.

Bhaji on the Beach....

I'll send you some hilsa fish airfreight.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

WEll I guess it's like here.. you see, we think 'our food' is just great. Then again no one else knows about the cuisine.. and there's a reason for it!

Many of us still consider McDonalds to be a treat, a luxury in its own way.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Actually, I'm allergic to Hilsa (and every other freshwater fish). Yes, I have a hell of a time with food in Bangladesh.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                                Actually, I'm allergic to Hilsa (and every other freshwater fish). Yes, I have a hell of a time with food in Bangladesh.

OMIGOD YOU POOR THING!!!!!

Want some chewda, jalebies or pakoras instead ?
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X