Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angela Merkel new chancellor of Germany!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    But hasn't a centrist platform essentially been proven useless for the SPD in the election yesterday? It seems like they can't out-centrist the CDU/CSU.
    Remember that it was a regional election, and that the political spectrum in this Land is probably different than in the whole of Germany.

Besides, I imagine that the voters of this industrial Land mostly punish the SPD for the deconstruction of the social State, and for the loss of relevance of their economic sector. I don't think the vote denotes a bigger appreciation of the CDU policies.

In fact, the only reason why Stoiber didn't win last time, despite Schröder's huge impopularity, was because his policies looked even more terrible to the voter.

And you're not a "centrist" party when you scream and whine against the possibility that migrants may one day become Germans
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Why is Black being used instead of Blue for CDU? I thought Blue was for conservative parties, and Black was for far right-wing parties like Le Pen 's party or the BNP.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
        Why is Black being used instead of Blue for CDU? I thought Blue was for conservative parties, and Black was for far right-wing parties like Le Pen 's party or the BNP.
        Just because American tv companies decided to use blue doesn't mean the European press has to follow suit... You are not the center of the universe.
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

Just because American tv companies decided to use blue doesn't mean the European press has to follow suit... You are not the center of the universe.
          Actually, the USA does it ass backwards. We have the Republicans as Red and Democrats as Blue.

Everytime I have seen an electoral map of a foreign country, I have always seen Red for leftists and Blue for Rightists. In fact a few yeards back when conservative parties were gaining power all throughout the European continent, several European posters reffered to it as the "Blue Revolution"
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Don't know. Black was always their color...and the far right is obviously brown.

The CSU is actually less right wing than the CDU economically, but more so socially. I doubt that they (CDU and CSU) are anywhere near the Tories.

However, let's hope, Schröder beats Merkel.

But hasn't a centrist platform essentially been proven useless for the SPD in the election yesterday? It seems like they can't out-centrist the CDU/CSU.
            The SPD got more votes than the Christian Democrats in two consecutive federal elections on that platform. From 1949 to 1998, the SPD was only one time stronger than the CDU/CSU (in 1972 with Chancellor Brandt).
            Last edited by kronic; May 22, 2005, 19:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
              Nope, noone in sight. Has anybody heard anything of Sigmar Gabriel? He seemed a good bloke, the first who fell victim to the anti-government hence pro-CDU rage. Then he disappeared in the sinking
              Platzeck is the SPD's future.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                Everytime I have seen an electoral map of a foreign country, I have always seen Red for leftists and Blue for Rightists. In fact a few yeards back when conservative parties were gaining power all throughout the European continent, several European posters reffered to it as the "Blue Revolution"
                It's true for many European countries, but not for Germany nor Austria.

The CDU's historical colour is black. The liberals' is yellow, and the SPD's is red (this is why the neo-Commies are confusing, because they're red too IIRC).

In austria, blue is the colour of the FPÖ, the far right party. Don't know about the conservative party's colour though.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Orange is the colour of Belgium's christen democrats. The liberals also use blue and social democrats red.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                    Yes we are

Comment

Why not use pastel colors?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Yes we are

We might have to dry up a German river or a German lake to prove this to them.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                          In austria, blue is the colour of the FPÖ, the far right party. Don't know about the conservative party's colour though.
                          black

Comment

Platzeck for chancellor in 2009

He'll beat the crap out of Wulff any time

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

He looks handsome . . . . . .

He looks like an orange, slightly smoother, Jurgen Prochnow.
                              Attached Files
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

molly, por favor, Prochnov has style and a strong look!

Anyway.......
                                Guido for Chancellor!!

Comment

Working...
                                X