Name Brand loyalties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bosh
    I usually don't give a ****, except New Balance, those shoes rock (especially if you have square feet like me) but then I've never seen any New Balance commercials...
    New Balance

Comment

For consoles, I will stick with Microsoft now, although I'll keep my Super Nintendo handy for FFVI.

For clothes, I buy AE Jeans because they fit me better than any other brand I've tried; Structure (now Express for Men) is another brand I like, although I will buy from 3 or 4 stores.

For cars, Ford.

Comment

Linksys networking devices. Green Giant asparagus spears.

Comment

Hugo Boss, Armani, and Chanel for cologne. Ecco and Clarks for shoes. Verbatim for CD-Rs/DVD-Rs. Victorinox is also a near-holy brand for me

Yes, but you are Italian and therefore insane.

And crap at football to boot!!!
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Jif Creamy Peanut Butter.

Lesuer Young English Peas.

Diet Coke.

Comment

Diss, are you done doing "something wild and crazy"? On bail and full of regrets? Spill dude, inquiring minds want to know!
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Ones that haven't changed:
                Coke.
                nVidia (when ATi finally gets off of their ass and actually writes decent linux drivers, maybe I'll give them a second chance.)
                Microsoft (just the mice. and just over Logitech.)

Mere preferences, as in, I'll probably choose them:
                Samsung
                IBM (laptops)
                B♭3

Comment

Pepsi

Dell
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

All my tennis shoes are Diadora. Other brands are often too narrow.

IBM Thinkpad for notebook computers, they did a very good job making them.

Logitech for pointing devices. I have one that has lasted me seven years and is still working perfectly.

Samsung or Philips for LCD displays, when I can spare the $$$.

3M Post-Its, other brands of sticky notes just don't stick that well.

Zeiss or Contax camera lenses.

Belgian or Swiss chocolate

I avoid Sony products in general, they just aren't up to par in quality.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      My life is complete now that I know what brand of lavatory paper Dissident uses. I don't think he could do more to ensure the continued loyalty of his ass.
                      I aim to please

Comment

Trojan
                        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

as for computer brands, I have no real loyalties. I buy whatever is cheap and still has good performance.

I used to have ndvidia, but now I have ATI. I'll probably go back to nvidia next time though, but maybe not. I have no preference for hard drives, cd burners etc. And of course I have no computer brand names, since mine are put together myself usually.

Comment

The only brands I can think of right now that I (at least until now) have kept buying is Nvidia, Intel and HP, but I don't keep buying products from them blindly:
                            I did buy an ATI graphics card about a year ago since I kept hearing good things about it, but it failed too much so I went back to Nvidia
                            Until now I've only bought Intel processors, but the one I have now fails too much so next time it wont be Intel
                            The first printer I had was of some brand I don't remember anymore, I wasn't happy about it. Then I bought a HP printer and was pleasantly suprised (I didn't know about brands back then). Then I bought a Cannon printer (after hearing good things about it), but it spent more time in repair than at home so I ended up getting my money back and bought HP instead
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Heinz baked beans. Every other single brand of baked beans sucks more than a black hole.

/me recalls in horror ASDA value baked beans
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                                I avoid Sony products in general, they just aren't up to par in quality.
                                For media equipment, I've found sony to be the best, ie. movies and music. My MD player has lasted for over 3 years with no problems and in nigh constant use, which is rare in portable electronics these days. In fact, its usefulness and reliability have kept me away from MP3 players.

I used to be fairly loyal to Dell for laptops, but this is my last one. This is the second one I've owned where I had to have the harddrive replaced, and now the DVD drive is acting up. The next one I get will probably be a toshiba.

For toilet paper, I buy vinda. It's reasonably soft and a reasonable price.

Recently, I've discovered only Glad wrap is worth buying here for saranwrap.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X