Liberalism Destroys Families?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Berzerker
    lets "pretend", a %70 out of wedlock rate among blacks, %30 among whites, and all the negative consequences associated with those numbers is outweighed by what?
    Let's not. The last time I saw a statisic for this (which, I'll admit, was over a decade ago) the teen pregnancy rate was one tenth of a percentage point higher for whites than Blacks.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Let's not. The last time I saw a statisic for this (which, I'll admit, was over a decade ago) the teen pregnancy rate was one tenth of a percentage point higher for whites than Blacks.
      I hate to give Berz any ground in this argument, but he seems to be close-to-right about this one. According to this breakdown of the stats at a US Census website, the numbers are different -- and worse --- than he suggests, but the spread is about the same:

During 1990-94, 41 percent of first births were born out-of-wedlock, 12 percent were conceived before women's first marriage and the remainder were conceived post maritally. Significant differences were found in the proportion of first births either premaritally born or conceived between white women (45 percent) and black women (86 percent). Hispanic women had an intermediate proportion of first births either premaritally born or conceived (54 percent).
      Of course, that was 10-15 years ago, but it seems unlikely that there's been either a big drop or a big closing of the gap.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
      X