Clear All

Jagna, Philippines

Comment

Why can't I vote for Tristan La Cunha?
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Tristan da Cunha et al. have been lobbed together with Easter Island for practicality reasons.

Comment

I was planning to go to Burkina Faso at some point...

I think of those, Easter Island wins on practicality, but Petropavlovsk wins on distance-from-nearest-Apolytonner.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

One of my friends actually visited Easter Island a couple of years ago on his round-the-world trip, he'd been to Australia and stopped over in Tahiti and Easter Island on his way to South America.

He told me that during his 2-day stay on Easter Island, one afternoon he was going to a store in the island village to buy some stamps, and he overheard a couple outside the store talking in Danish. He approached them, and it turned out they were from a town 12 km from where both my friend and I grew up.

I mean that would be almost like Neil Armstrong having bumped into the girl next door in the Sea of Tranquility.
            (Which, after Tattila mentioned it, I was kind of sorry not to have included in the poll )

Comment

Fargo

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                I mean that would be almost like Neil Armstrong having bumped into the girl next door in the Sea of Tranquility.
                (Which, after Tattila mentioned it, I was kind of sorry not to have included in the poll )
                In terms of scale, isn't it more like Neil Armstong bumping into a fellow american in the Sea of Tranquility? like Buzz Aldrin, for instance
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Tierra del Fuego?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso - noone knows where it is or wants to find out

Petropavlovsk, Kamchatka, Russia - sounds intersting. we could also visit a little chapel, drink eat and be merry

Nuuk, Greenland - i'm not a reindeer
                    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - sure and boost tourism
                    Easter Island, Chile - very attractive choice
                    Ulan Bator, Mongolia - only horses and plains there, too far
                    Perth, Australia - why?
                    Tikrit, Iraq - somatic integrity is important so no
                    That place that sells chili just outside Caracas, Venezuela - sure venezuela, say hi to chavez too, buy some t-shirts
                    U.S. Top Secret Banana Research Facility - that sounds far too dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                      In terms of scale, isn't it more like Neil Armstong bumping into a fellow american in the Sea of Tranquility? like Buzz Aldrin, for instance
                      Yes.

But wild exaggeration sometimes works better.

Maybe next time it'll work.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                        Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso - noone knows where it is or wants to find out

Petropavlovsk, Kamchatka, Russia - sounds intersting. we could also visit a little chapel, drink eat and be merry

Nuuk, Greenland - i'm not a reindeer
                        Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - sure and boost tourism
                        Easter Island, Chile - very attractive choice
                        Ulan Bator, Mongolia - only horses and plains there, too far
                        Perth, Australia - why?
                        Tikrit, Iraq - somatic integrity is important so no
                        That place that sells chili just outside Caracas, Venezuela - sure venezuela, say hi to chavez too, buy some t-shirts
                        U.S. Top Secret Banana Research Facility - that sounds far too dangerous
                        Nice display of the right spirit there.

For explanations of the inclusion of Perth, I refer to molly bloom's most excellent testimony earlier.

Comment

So is anyone going to find out where that first place is, or are we all just that lazy?
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I think we've found our winner!!!
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                                any part of Iowa
                                Iowa rocks!
                                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                                X